Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy DIY Xmas wreath stuff

(4 Posts)
Chippychop Tue 30-Oct-12 19:23:46

I'm looking to buy the oasis, greenery, cinnamon sticks, acorns bows etc as cheaply as possible as i have a few to make. Can anyone recommend a wholesalers (Bedford) area or an on line shop ?

oreocrumbs Tue 30-Oct-12 20:22:13

For the spices like star anise and cinnamon sticks look for an asian supermarket. They will be cheap in there. I got mine in tescos. Have a good look online, they had the tecso and other spice section then they have an eastern food section where you can buy them at half the price.

Greenery is cheapest forraged. I should imagine ebay or amazon would be your best for the rest. Or go and speak to a local florist, but unless you already know one and can have mates rates they probably won't be as cheap as ebay.

Violet77 Wed 31-Oct-12 07:12:21

I have a massive wreath ring, big metal thing ( came from a posh wreath years ago) i redo it every year using greens from the gardens, spruce pine, conifer, ivy, holly, eucalyptus etc and new bows.

I love making the wreath i also do fireplace decs. Friends might let you cut their gardens if you need variety.

Chippychop Wed 31-Oct-12 10:59:41

Thanks, I did a one night course last year and now have requests for several from friends to make one for them. Hence need to find all the bits cheap . I think I've found a wholesaler nearish to me. Maybe i need to book in a foraging weekend It's good fun isn't it?smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now