Talk

Advanced search

Newborn Christmas Stocking ideas please...

(14 Posts)
mameulah Tue 30-Oct-12 18:15:40

By Christmas time we should have met our little bundle. Does anyone have any good ideas for stocking fillers?

olibeansmummy Tue 30-Oct-12 18:24:48

It's hard when they're that age because nothing is tiny enough. How about a small teddy, dummies if they have them, little socks, a taggie, stacking cups for when they're a bit older ( always go down well), a little soft hairbrush and a rattle maybe?

Doodlekitty Tue 30-Oct-12 18:31:25

I was due 4 days ago and we are planning to invest mainly in the stocking this year, to get him a lovely one with his name on it which will last.

But, on top of this I'm buying a number of small things that will be useful throughout the year, so toys that are newborn, 3-6 months, 6-9 months etc, so its a whole year in a stocking and will save me buying as much later in the year. Also going for Christmassy outfit (from matalan) and a babys first christmas decoration

FrightRunScream Tue 30-Oct-12 18:40:43

Both my dc are autumn babies and they both had coloured wooden letters that spelt their name in their first stockings. There is an eBay seller called Stripy Giraffe who sells lovely ones. I'd get a nice teether too, something like Sophie the Giraffe.

attheendoftheday Tue 30-Oct-12 19:37:15

Bath toys, wrist rattle, warm hat, tree decoration? It depends whether you're doing it for the baby (which is obviously unnecessary but I did one in dd's first her because I wanted to) when I'd put in things for when they're bigger, or if you're doing it for older siblings benefit when I'd stick in clothes, toiletries, or anything else you'd buy anyway.

everydayaschoolday Tue 30-Oct-12 22:30:40

'Getting Personal' have a whole gift range of personalised 1st Christmas gifts. Excellent products and customer service. I use them frequently.

www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/christmas-gifts/1st-christmas

everydayaschoolday Tue 30-Oct-12 22:32:18

And the Harrods 2012 Christmas bear - currently reduced from £24.99 to £19.99.

www.harrods.com/product/chester-christmas-2012-bear/harrods/000000000002747824?cat1=new-gifts&cat2=new-gifts-bears&icid=L2-redirect-Christmas-ChristmasBear-181012

everydayaschoolday Tue 30-Oct-12 22:36:57

...And... A First Day Cover of the 2012 Christmas Stamps. Axel Scheffler (Gruffalo illustrator has done them this year). I address them to my kids by putting their names on them when I order, rather than my name. They also do the presentation packs of the stamps, but a First Day Cover is more special in my opinion. Can order over the phone and staff are lovely if you've never done this before.

shop.royalmail.com/christmas-2012/christmas-2012-first-day-cover-uk-addresses/invt/sku10000004/

everydayaschoolday Tue 30-Oct-12 22:38:51

Ps I only buy my kids stamps when it's a children's theme (I'm not a geek or anything!). I've previously got Comics, Roald Dhal, Wallace and Gromit etc grin

everydayaschoolday Tue 30-Oct-12 22:44:06

...I love keepsakes if you hadn't noticed....*2012 Lucky Christmas Sixpence* from the Royal Mint.

www.royalmint.com/shop/c/css11

mameulah Tue 30-Oct-12 23:11:00

I love these ideas!!! Thank you so much, I know my DH will love them too, and Grandma and Grandpa, and ofcourse the baby......when s/he is old enough to appreciate them. I am delighted, thx!

neontetra Wed 31-Oct-12 07:55:08

My dd liked looking at fabric books from a very young age. Lamaze do some fab ones. Board books too - it's never too early! And there are some lovely ones out there.

flipflopper Wed 31-Oct-12 19:00:52

all the abve lovely ideas!
Ive bought a lovely 2012 teddy from BHS, was in the sale, only £10, and is quite big, a lovely keepsake.
Also a few nice toiletries like burts bees things, and a few toys that will be used through the year.

bedmonster Wed 31-Oct-12 21:47:35

Santa brought our newborn some teeny converse, a football kit hmm, some of those jellycat teddies, his first photo in a frame for the nursery, light up bath ducks, taggie blanket and some teething bits and musical instruments etc in his stocking.
He has older sisters and they would have suspected if he had forgotten their baby brother and all the things are stuff we would have bought him anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now