Talk

Advanced search

Help me get in the Christmas spirit!

(6 Posts)
JazzAnnNonMouse Tue 30-Oct-12 09:36:22

This year I literally couldn't give a fuck about Christmas. Normally I'm really hyped up about it and love buying people presents but this year I don't feel like buying anyone anything!
Not even dd and dh!

Help me regain my joyful Christmas spirit.
I feel like the humbug grinch.

Rockchick1984 Tue 30-Oct-12 09:43:47

Watch a Christmas film snuggled up under a blanket with your DD (or with DH if u prefer), light some candles, and buy a box of mince pies or giant tin of roses to munch while watching it. We always do this around the 1st of December but I like to do my shopping late, this to me signals the start of Christmas and I start shopping and preparing for Xmas from there onwards smile

oreocrumbs Tue 30-Oct-12 09:47:09

Have you seen the christmas bargain threads? They will get you all competative in the mood for shopping!

Or Pintrest to see all of the christmas themes people have?

You could start doing some autumn/winter walks and activities. That always makes mw think of christmas approaching. A nice walk in the crisp cold air and back home for hot chocolate and a christmas dvd.

Look into the panto/christmas days out in your area, they might ignite something too.

Failing all else play your favourite christmas carol/song and get all excited! While I love the traditional songs I have to say nothing makes me feel all christmassy inside like the beginning of Mariah Carey's all I want for christmas! blush

JemimaMuddledUp Tue 30-Oct-12 09:50:32

To be fair, it is only October...

I used to get excited about Christmas ridiculously early. Last year I didn't, but Christmas was still as good as ever. So this year I'm refusing to give it much thought for at least another couple of weeks.

JazzAnnNonMouse Tue 30-Oct-12 10:03:25

Ah yes I guess it is still only October...grin

Molepom Tue 30-Oct-12 10:46:23

New John Lewis Ad is due out a week on Friday

here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now