Talk

Advanced search

Very, very basic craft ideas for children to give as gifts please

(7 Posts)
HappyAsEyeAm Mon 29-Oct-12 20:47:28

My DS not at all talented in the creative department, but he does like to get messy and have a go! He's 4.

I need very easy and basic ideas for things for him to make, with a Christmas theme, as gifts to aunts and grandparents. As I am also nearly as clueless as he is, please be specific with your instructions!

Inneedofbrandy Mon 29-Oct-12 20:49:49

Paint a cheap terracotta plant pot christmassy colours with a winter pansy in?

Stamp cards in christmas tree shapes

Photo frames

A hand print wreath

Fabric pens a colour in a cushion/or mugs

IWantToGoToThere Mon 29-Oct-12 21:00:00

My DS (3) is making lovely Christmas decorations for everyone! Hobbycraft do foam coloured cut outs of Xmas trees, snowmen etc that are about 8 inches high which little ones can decorate. I've got glitter, stickers, pompoms etc which DS will love to stick to the shapes and they will add a certain glamour to anyone's Xmas decor! The best bit is (for the recipient), they will only need to be proudly displayed once a year!

Roseformeplease Mon 29-Oct-12 21:05:35

Buy a cracker making kit (Early Learning Centre do them) and then make each person an individual cracker. They supply hats, jokes etc although he might be able to add in his own jokes (typed on computer or copied or even just illustrated). Make a choice of a small gift to go inside - we often use the large truffle chocolates from Thorntons - and then build the crackers - dead easy. You can probably get cheaper kits elsewhere, as well.

Catz1 Mon 29-Oct-12 21:05:36

A hand print reindeer on a plate or card.

Fan out painted hands with thumbs together for antlers. Thumb print eyes etc.

Looks fab!

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 30-Oct-12 12:40:23

Loving the idea of Christmas crackers. Thanks for all the ideas.

mrsmoodypants Tue 30-Oct-12 16:43:37

Home bargains had some paint your own mugs, plates etc for kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now