Talk

Advanced search

Would you buy something you think wont get used.

(6 Posts)
Heavymetalmater Mon 29-Oct-12 15:55:06

My DD is 7. She has asked for roller skates for christmas. She already has a scooter which she uses and a bike. She cant yet ride her bike without stabilisers as she is too afraid of wobbling. Due to this i have a feeling she will be too frightened to use the skates. Should i just get them as she seems so keen on having them? Any similar experiences ?

TheReturnOfBridezilla Mon 29-Oct-12 17:33:16

Can you hunt some cheap ones out in a bargain shop / sale and then replace with better ones when they have been proved a hit? Seems a shame to disappoint her if its what she really wants but equally a shame to waste money on decent ones if they aren't for her after all.

alarkaspree Mon 29-Oct-12 17:35:02

My dd could roller skate long before she could ride her bike without stabilisers. There's a good chance she will be fine on them, and really enjoy them. You can (or could) get them in Argos for less than £20.

sunnyday123 Mon 29-Oct-12 21:10:55

I got dd7 some fab retro ones last year, paid £40 for them as they we're gorgeous! 12 months on, they've been worn once! Now too small. (We rode bike from 4)

Both my dds find it hard so I'd get cheap ones! Non of her friends can use them yet - all a clums bunch,

sunnyday123 Mon 29-Oct-12 21:11:05

Clumsy bunch!

Prizepudding Tue 30-Oct-12 21:00:28

I thought it would be a one hit wonder too but my dd got them last year and they have had plenty of use due to a street craze being out with her friends. You can pick up a pair at a reasonable price, we got them from sports direct for £25. I have heard that rollerblades are infact easier than old fashioned style roller boots, don't ask me why but the girls on the street all said this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now