Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for 2 year old advent calender please ???

(4 Posts)
pugsmum Mon 29-Oct-12 10:52:13

I really need some ideas of how to make an advent calender its a tradition i really want to get into as a xmas activity andi want to start it this year (because I am very exited but am sure ds doesnt care a bit ) but i am struggling to think how i can addapt it to his age .. dont mind choc or sweet ideas but would prefere gift ideas

overmydeadbody Mon 29-Oct-12 10:57:10

Do you want to make your own?

Make 24 little presents wrapped up with ribbon (some crayons, a car, sweets, a ball, little dinosaur etc, maybe buy a big bag of those animals or dinosaurs from The Works or Poundland or somewhere) and then hang them all up with wooden clothes pegs on thick string at his level, with a big card number also pegged onto each present.

I'm not sure he'll get it at 2, might be worth waiting a year, but if you really want to do it just keep it really simple and relevant to his interests.

overmydeadbody Mon 29-Oct-12 11:00:02

this is a good idea each bag contains a tree ornament that the toddler then puts on the tree.

Justgoplease Mon 29-Oct-12 11:02:32

At two you may struggle to find something small enough to go in the pockets/draws of his calendar that won't be a choking hazard.

But my DS, a long way from 2 now, really liked individual transfer tattoo; Transformer/Ben 10 - or whatever today's equivalent is - badges or stickers. But obviously not as much as the chocolates!

Hope that helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now