Talk

Advanced search

A card sent by email with a personalised text and some photos instead of a card in the post- naff or not?

(3 Posts)
DrSeuss Sun 28-Oct-12 21:07:09

Cards cost a fortune, serve little purpose and waste resourses. Am not talking a blanket email but individual ones. Thoughts?

cleeve6 Sun 28-Oct-12 21:23:10

I agree DrSeuss - every year I rage at sending cards to people I haven't seen for ten years and/or are friend of my parents/in-laws. I reckon we are £50+ on cards every year and would happily donate same to charity but in {meekly} mentioning same am always astonished at the reaction of others who seem to see Christmas cards as untouchable, needs-to-be-done sort of thing. Am getting cross thinking about this year already - what tf is the point?......

WeAllHaveWings Mon 29-Oct-12 10:30:29

I am old still holding onto my traditions of Christmas and love sending, receiving and displaying cards.

An email, however nice, is just not Christmassy enough to me.

Maybe a mixture of both? Cards for old people grandparents, parents etc and emails for more modern friends, nieces/nephews etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now