Talk

Advanced search

Joystick microscooter - any good?

(11 Posts)
IsletsOfLangerhans Sun 28-Oct-12 10:56:39

Good morning. I'm wanting to canvas opinion on whether the joystick microscooter is any good and, in particular, is it suitable for an 8 year old? I don't really see the point of the joystick thingy, but dd seems to think it would be the best present ever! And are they easy to use/safe?

Mosman Sun 28-Oct-12 11:11:39

Yes my eight year old has one and it has been the best money we've spent, she loves it as do her older sisters. Lasts until about 11 I would say which isn't bad.

IsletsOfLangerhans Sun 28-Oct-12 11:15:46

Thanks Mosman. I just don't get the advantage of having a joystick over a T-bar - can you explain? smile

Mosman Sun 28-Oct-12 11:18:05

I'll be honest I can't but I think it's the novelty and it feels more like a skate board.

IsletsOfLangerhans Sun 28-Oct-12 11:20:37

Novelty and skate board sounds good. DD is a bit of an individual AND likes trying to do stunts on her current close-to-death two wheeler. Thank you again!

Mosman Sun 28-Oct-12 11:23:17

She will love it lol

GobblersKnob Sun 28-Oct-12 11:24:00

My 8 and 4 year olds both have them and they are fab, no idea what the advantage but would reccomend smile

emark Sun 28-Oct-12 11:35:37

any ideas where these maxi micro can be found at a sensible price??

Mosman Sun 28-Oct-12 11:50:02

I got them from the company who makes them, the price seemed pretty sensible to me. In a cost per play calculation it has been excellent value for money.

loubielou31 Sun 28-Oct-12 13:35:03

Yes, the joy stick is just for novelty but the children I know love them. We have this one which we bought for DD aged 4, and it has been brilliant. The joystick one is pretty similar. (Although I think you can get a two wheeler with a joystick that I can't find online) Because of the three wheels it's really stable and easy to use so jumping type tricks are easier to master. Unlike the two wheelers the base board doesn't swivel all the way found so some of those twisty tricks you wouldn't be able to do.
If it's what your DD has asked for then she will love it. They are excellent quality.

IsletsOfLangerhans Sun 28-Oct-12 15:55:11

Thanks again. My youngest (5) has a t-bar maxi and very, very happy with quality and stability. The older one uses it a bit, hence asking for the joystick version! I'm sure she'll love it and I feel reassured by all the helpful comments! I've been looking out for voucher codes or offers, but best place/price so far seems to be the micro scooter site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now