Talk

Advanced search

Secret Santa suggestions please.

(5 Posts)
rlp Sat 27-Oct-12 10:39:44

I've got £10 to spend on a secret Santa present for a colleague. A woman in her 30s but we never work the same shift. I don't know her at all. What would you suggest?

ChristmasKate Sat 27-Oct-12 10:44:43

Can you speak to someone on her shift for ideas?

I was very new last year and was bought a mug and coaster set last year, most people drink tea or coffee during the day.

I would like a new scarf, hand cream, chocolate etc.

SavoyCabbage Sat 27-Oct-12 10:51:45

Cake. Mascara. Hand-cream.

rlp Sat 27-Oct-12 11:03:04

I wondered about a scarf but it looked like I was going to be well below the £10. I hate these secret Santa things. Maybe I wrap the scarf around a box of chocolates?

mameulah Sat 27-Oct-12 11:43:13

Find out if she is more of a wine girl or a chocolate girl. (Or, if you have enough on your plate just guess.) Buy a £5 box of chocolates or a £5 bottle of wine and then stick 5 lottery tickets to it.

I have done this a couple of times and it has gone down really well. And, this may be selfish but I always buy the same lottery ticket numbers for myself.

Or, if you could REALLY cope with your colleague winning £100 on you then you could stick scratchcards to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now