What are your nine - ten year olds getting as main present

(33 Posts)
Whistlingwaves Fri 26-Oct-12 22:13:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

terrywoganstrousers Fri 26-Oct-12 22:14:09

Kindle

Taffraid Fri 26-Oct-12 22:18:20

We are all getting the new Wii U.

DS has his 9th birthday next week and is getting an ipod touch. He is also getting football trainers, football boots, Fifa 13, football annuals, football mags.

There's a theme. hmm

Flyonthewindscreen Fri 26-Oct-12 22:27:28

Have a 10 yr old DS, he is still majorly into Lego so prob will be getting the Lego batcave and one of the smaller sets as his main present.

Whistlingwaves Fri 26-Oct-12 22:30:20

myron Fri 26-Oct-12 22:42:06

DS just had a new bike for his 9th birthday. Thinking about a compact camera for Christmas present.

fluffypillow Fri 26-Oct-12 22:43:04

Large lego city sets.

Shesparkles Fri 26-Oct-12 22:43:12

10 yr old ds is ASKING for pretty large football goals-oh joy

loflo Fri 26-Oct-12 22:50:27

DS who is nine in a few weeks is getting a new bike for his birthday and a Wii U from Santa. As far as I know it means you can play wii games without needing the tv so I can watch come dine with me more often

SrirachaGhoul Fri 26-Oct-12 22:54:13

DD wants to reinvent her room so I let her pick new bedding, lamps, curtains, pin-board etc.

feetheart Fri 26-Oct-12 22:57:58

Think DD will be getting a second hand keyboard as she is really enjoying tinkering with a friend's one plus a David Walliams boxset as DH and I she really wants to read them.

No idea what to get her for her birthday in February though, will hang around for ideas smile

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 26-Oct-12 22:58:23

possibly a kindle (so that I can get mine back). But that's more than we normally spend. Last year we were struggling for ideas and she ended up with a couple of cheapo things to unwrap and a voucher for a taster day at an indoor climbing session. That was officially the best present ever - she had a blast!

Whistlingwaves Fri 26-Oct-12 22:59:14

MrsCantSayAnything Fri 26-Oct-12 23:04:50

Kindle Fire. {eye roll} she's 8 going on 39.

muddydevilsonhorseback Fri 26-Oct-12 23:12:47

DD wanted a kindle at first, but now likes the idea of a flatscreen HD TV & DVD combo ( so she can put it on the wall). To replace her old portable combi VHS/DVD. Win win all round, less electric/more space etc..

She can have my kindle, as i'm getting the new kindle for Christmas. (smaller so will fit in bag better!!) So i think she will be happy. grin

heymammy Fri 26-Oct-12 23:29:16

DD1 (9) is getting an iPod touch, not the swanky new style though, the normal black one.

FoofyShmooffer Fri 26-Oct-12 23:49:02

A stunt scooter hmm
£100 worth of metal tubing and teeny tiny wheels. I must be missing something because unless it comes with Tony frigging Hawks attached to it I don't get the price tag.

<miserable bitch> grin

reindeerjumper Fri 26-Oct-12 23:56:49

A DSi

5ThingsUnderTheBed Sat 27-Oct-12 00:05:05

Kindle fire

twolittledarlings Sat 27-Oct-12 00:14:05

My two dd who will be 9 and 11 at Xmas will be getting a nice camera each - canon A4000 (hopefully will last thru teenage yrs), also either the Kindle Fire tablet/ Mini IPad / the Samsung Tablet each as they fight to use my ipad ( need to do research on which one supports games and you tube etc) and looking around for an alarm clock/docking station.

Also thinking of getting them a Furby to share or one each. We'll see.

Plus smaller stuff like CDs, annuals, nail kits, sequin art kits, woodcraft kits, fashion angel books, Moshi stuff, puffles, etc.

Seems a lot but it is also their birthdays so do like to spoil them.

OwllwOOwllwO Sat 27-Oct-12 00:19:50

For my ds 9 I have so far gotten him a furby, Kindle fire, camcorder and a keyboard. They're his main pressies, he'll then get some clothes etc

steppemum Sat 27-Oct-12 00:21:14

ds has birthday in dec too.
he is getting second hand drum kits for one (if I can find one) and he was getting bmx stunt bike (again second hand) for the other

but he has informed me today that he really wants a stunt scooter.

Don't really know where to start, and can't do new

He would also like large lego sets

have also seen these recommended on mn and they look fab:
haynes engine
airhogs vectron wave
hover craft kit

Whistlingwaves Sat 27-Oct-12 07:48:09

conorsrockers Sat 27-Oct-12 08:48:30

DS (10 in 2 weeks) is getting Traktor2 (DJ equipment), James Bond DVD's and a paintballing party.

derekthehamster Sat 27-Oct-12 08:53:37

my 10 year old is getting lego lord of the rings for the wii

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now