Talk

Advanced search

Okay- I've just bought a luvverly pre-lit wreath from QVC (it's 24" diameter)

(7 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 25-Oct-12 22:56:12

I can put it outside , but how the dickens do I fasten it to the door? confused

I've got a white UPVC door (so no nails)

I don't think I could use one of those door hook things (I wouldn't be able to close the door)

I've got one of those clear rubbery/plastic hooks that you can stick on. But it tends to fall off. I usually use it to hold an ivy and ribbon wreath but it's really lightweight.
My previous wreath was on the path 99% of the time.

The only thing I can think of is a thin ribbon (don't know how I'd fasten it inside the door though) But it would fit over the top of the door.

Any ideas?

TIA smile

gregssausageroll Thu 25-Oct-12 23:01:50

I got a good hook with a suction thing on it for my wreath. Is is big but works. Bought in b and q from memory

JoJoH1 Thu 25-Oct-12 23:03:28

hi,i have the same issue last year i tied ribbon as you said and fastened it to my letterbox at the bottom o the door.

spottymoo Fri 26-Oct-12 02:18:20

In previous years I've had a removal hook on the inside of my door then tied a ribbon to the wreath fasten the ribbon to the hook and then hung it over the door

worm77daisy Fri 26-Oct-12 06:15:01

I put a ribbon over the top of the door, secure with a drawing pin and go through the letter box to create a loop that is secured in place.

MildlyMonica Fri 26-Oct-12 11:12:04

We got a door knocker put on to our pvc one as i moaned every year about the same thing. Now wreath goes onto a ribbon, tied to knocker and looks lush!

Princesspond Sun 28-Oct-12 22:33:50

I wasted far too much time watching the QVC Xmas special the other day, was tempted by that wreath smile. My friend bought one of the over door hangers from Lakeland last year and that worked well. I always attach mine to the knocker but leads to very muffled knocking .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now