Talk

Advanced search

Baby toy with lots of lights

(9 Posts)
AllIWant85 Thu 25-Oct-12 22:34:32

DS will be 5 months at Christmas and family are asking what to get him.

It's pretty pointless as he'll have no idea about it but both sides of the family won't accept this and are more excited than a bunch of 5 year olds! grin

Anyway DS seems to like flashing lights, we went to a pub for lunch last week and he was fascinated by the fruit machine that was there. He watched the lights going up and down for ages! I was thinking of maybe a toy that has lots of flashing lights? Anyone know if such a thing exists?

Thank you

Florin Thu 25-Oct-12 22:39:15

My 4 month old has the vtech sing and discover piano, he has had it about a month and loves it. It has flashing lights and lots of buttons to press, it also keeps him busy for at least 20 minutes when I sit him in his highchair to play with it. Only issue is that it doesn't have any grip on the bottom so slides across the table however we solved that by using some of that grippy mat used on boats.

pateran Fri 26-Oct-12 11:16:40

2nd a piano of some sort. The kind that do 3 stages they light up and sing. My DS6 had one as a baby and from about your son's age loved to him the keys etc fom his chair. DS2 who is almost 1 loved it too.

Also suggest toys that he'll use at even 9 months so that you can put them away and bring them out when he grows into them.

Startailoforangeandgold Fri 26-Oct-12 11:45:49

I don't know about presets, but babies absolutely love fairy lights.

HGAFC Fri 26-Oct-12 14:02:48

The Vtech sit to stand tower is down to £20 in Tesco. It has a panel that detaches so it can be played with on the floor or with an adult holding it for baby to look at, then attaches to a sort of pole thing for babies that are standing, then has a little dance mat attached for when they're up on their feet and walking/dancing.

All of mine have loved it dearly from around the 4/5 month mark until the age of about 3/4 so lots of play value for, at the moment, not a huge amount of money. If they wanted to spend more the excess could go into baby's savings account.

AllIWant85 Fri 26-Oct-12 16:59:24

Thank you all for the ideas, I will look into all your suggestions.

Anyone know if those VTech First Steps baby walkers are any good? That has a detachable panel aswell.

1st DC so I have no idea about what toys are good and what are useless!

HGAFC Fri 26-Oct-12 19:44:23

I have a vtech baby walker and its lasted well (although the phone handset has long since disappeared into the ether). Again, the detachable panel is ideal for babies the age of your DC. It makes lots of annoying noises and has lots of headache inducing pretty lights.

AllIWant85 Fri 26-Oct-12 20:45:38

Does it have an off switch for the sound?! grin

HGAFC Sat 27-Oct-12 11:03:39

No but there is a low or high volume option which prevents migraines lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now