Talk

Advanced search

5 year old dd and 7 year old ds, ideas please!

(7 Posts)
mamasmissionimpossible Thu 25-Oct-12 21:13:04

Anyone got any suggestions for my dc's for Christmas. The problem is we are moving in January and I whatever I buy will need to be taken with us. Therefore, I don't want too much clutter!

My dd likes princess', fairies, arts and crafts, dressing up, pink, dolls

My ds likes Dr Who, science, lego or construction toys, art, computers (although I'm trying to steer clear of consoles as he is not bothered at the moment). He is creative and imaginative.

Any ideas gratefully received smile

bramblina Thu 25-Oct-12 22:50:31

Trouble is, you have already answered your own questions, you have stated what they would like. Plus you say you don't want any clutter!! Not sure what to suggest, really!

Buy your dd some dressing up dresses, a craft box/storage set/starter art set/ Mr Maker book, some Tinkerbell fairies about £7.99 in Argos which light up. Pink storage boxes for toys.

Buy your ds some Lego, the Lego book full of extra ideas, Guinness Book of Records, Astronomy books/kits, solar powered kids, build it kits, science kitchen kit.

They would probably both like new pjs, stationery, duvet covers?, cushions for their beds,

sunnyday123 Fri 26-Oct-12 06:55:46

Stick with the arts and crafts and encourage them to use it lots so it's all used up by January smile

BeaWheesht Fri 26-Oct-12 07:32:54

Do solar powered kids run out of energy at night and not get up until sunrise??? <checks amazon>

bramblina Fri 26-Oct-12 23:37:00

Ds's solar kit is one where you build a car/windmill/dog and it just moves whenever the light shines on it- I think it's more to show how the sun can create power rather than solar power being stored to save us buying batteries, IYSWIM!

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Fri 26-Oct-12 23:51:56

I have two the same age, struggling with what to get them, especially my eldest. Mine both love craft activities too - I'm thinking about getting each of them a nice storage box and stuffing it full with new craft kit - simple stuff like card, paper, pipe cleaners, pom poms etc. They love craft books but we often don't have all the required materials. poss some sewing stuff for my eldest, think she'd like that, maybe Lego for my DS. Then I've got to come up with a good idea for the 2 yr old!

crazygracieuk Sat 27-Oct-12 09:42:52

You can get free Lego with The Sun this week. The kits are small and have good Minifigures like Thor from avengers, Lird of the Ribgs etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now