Talk

Advanced search

Christmas moments just for you

(8 Posts)
50shadesofknackered Thu 25-Oct-12 09:29:30

I love love love wrapping dc's presents on my own, christmas lights twinkling, christmas films on and a nice drink next to me. I always do this mid December, send dh upstairs to play on the computer when the dc's are in bed. I really enjoy this evening on my own, it's so lovely and Christmassy. Plus I often get to do it twice coz my mum tends to give me the presents she buys for dc's to wrap. Oooo getting very excited thinking about
Anyone else do any things just for you at Christmas?

parsnipcake Thu 25-Oct-12 09:36:53

In December I always have a bit of baileys in my coffee after the school run. I put a Christmassy candle in and watch Christmas movies. I am always so busy once they break up that I keep December as stress free as possible.

storminabuttercup Thu 25-Oct-12 10:39:00

I love sitting down with the Christmas mags.

BiddyPop Thu 25-Oct-12 10:58:52

December is always busy, and I am trying to be more organised about the organisation stuff so I can enjoy the seasonal stuff.

One thing I have done every year since I was 16 (and babysitting my younger siblings - all in the other room watching tv - I happened to raid the drinks cabinet and discovered the peacefullness of sipping a small (and I do mean SMALL then) Jack Daniels) is to take a little while to sit or lie on the sitting room floor with the fire lit and the only lights being the Christmas tree lights, enjoying a small beverage and reflecting on life. Some years it's alcohol, other years just tea or hot choc. But that 20 minutes of peace and calm I actually find is an incredibly important tradition to me. (And I have managed it every year since, really surprising me about 3 years ago when I realised I was doing it almost 20 years then!).

I keep saying I want to get to a carol service every year, I have managed it about every 5 years. Who knows, this year might be one of those years!!

Some0ne Thu 25-Oct-12 14:27:49

I make my Christmas cake in early November. I kick everyone out of the house and listen to carols while I do it, with the smells of spice and citrus peel wafting through the kitchen. It's a sneaky little early hit of Christmas all for me : ) I'm actually not looking forward to involving the kids in that, I love having it all to myself.

I also do the wrapping on my own, with the Christmas lights on and something festive on the telly. That'll be in mid December or so.

fuzzpig Thu 25-Oct-12 18:07:39

I love wrapping presents - this year I'm getting much nicer paper and ribbons so it should be really fun.

Also adore carols from king's, nobody else really gives a monkeys about it but I love it!

dementedma Thu 25-Oct-12 22:03:39

Carols from kings on the TV,with all the candles lit and a glass of chilled champagne. That is my bit of Christmas.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 25-Oct-12 22:25:36

Oooh, wrapping presents- clear the dining table, get the tape on the dispenser thing (no lost ends) scissors, paper for DS, paper for DD.

The Christmas Food List- I send DC and DH to the cinema while I take a trolley round Sainsburys with my Nectar points grin. I love to get everything on my list plus a few extra things.

A late evening drive to Lakeside on my own to go to M&S and wander round with a trolley

Oh, and the Christmas magazines smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now