Talk

Advanced search

Christmas presents for a 3 year old girl who doesn't play with toys?

(11 Posts)
trixymalixy Wed 24-Oct-12 22:21:27

I cannot think of anything to get her. She likes to either draw or dance around the place, she has loads of babies, playmobil, jigsaws that she doesn't play with very much.

There's only so much money you can spend on felt tips. Help?!?!??

oreocrumbs Wed 24-Oct-12 22:25:22

Scooter/bike or other outdoor toy?

Daytrip - theme park, zoo etc

Karaoke machine, childs music system, disco ball, dance mat - something of that ilk.

Put the money into savings and just get her a few craft bits. She won't know what has been spent at her age.

Pancakeflipper Wed 24-Oct-12 22:26:28

Have you looked at Yellow Moon catalogue and immersed your home in glitter and all crafty things available?

Melfish Wed 24-Oct-12 22:26:31

DD was quite happy with a tutu and ballet shoes at that age, got her one from John Lewis I think. How about playdoh too, if she likes drawing or making things?

trixymalixy Wed 24-Oct-12 22:42:01

Tutu is a good idea thanks.

Karaoke also, she liked one of those microphone things at a friends house.

We have loads of glitter, play dough etc. I also made the mistake of buying moon dough for her birthday <<shudder>>

She has a scooter and a bike, but will have a look at other outdoor toys, thanks.

izzywizzyisbizzy Wed 24-Oct-12 23:46:16

Baker Ross - I spent £50 on a huge making box from them - best money I ever spent.

missnappyknickers Thu 25-Oct-12 22:21:39

I have a 3 year old dd who is also hard to buy for but she has been looking for a cd cassette with microphone so have got her that from santa and will pick up a few cd's.I have got her skates(the first ones you get for her age),trampoline the one you hold onto the handle.fuzzy felt which she loves,styling dolls head and playfood,she keeps adding to the list and is asking for a flicker now amongst other things.hth

trixymalixy Fri 26-Oct-12 21:51:07

Brilliant, roller skates and fuzzy felt. Thanks all for your ideas. I have a bit of a list now!

Izzywizzy, do you have a link to what you bought from baker Ross?

izzywizzyisbizzy Fri 26-Oct-12 22:27:34

trixy, I made the box up myself, bought a BIG crate from the range for £4 and then filled it to the brim with things from the clearance section.

clearance there are alwasys discount codes hanging around and the out of season stuff is usually really cheap, so I got Christmas Stickers, Halloween stickers in June for pennies.

You can click so it shows you all the offer stuff, also they have a set of 5 rollers, the DCs love, rollers

The foam rockets are good, and DCs love the stickers, we have the sparkly halloween ones, pirate ones and london ones.

Cash back from quidco and free delivery over £50.

Their stuff really is lovely, mine also like the giant cut outs (they love to make stickers on them) and the scratch art things, they dont care things are out of season.

LaTrucha Sat 27-Oct-12 20:26:16

I can recommend the big Melissa and Doug colouring books. They are a bit advanced for a three year old to do alone but they are big enough that two people can do it together. I thought they were very expensive but got one half price. Now I would pay full prise. DD and I have spent many a happy hour. smile

Wheredidmyyouthgo Sun 28-Oct-12 13:28:55

Thanks LaTrucha, just ordered the animals one for my DD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now