Talk

Advanced search

12 year old boy (yr 7)

(4 Posts)
Felicitywascold Wed 24-Oct-12 20:49:17

Ok, what do I buy a year 7 (12 year old) boy for Christmas.

I'm thinking clothes (long story but he lives with Dad full time, dad doesn't have a CLUE re. Clothes, sent him to start secondary school with crap tesco trainers despite earning around 100k a year and being mortgage free and too short trousers)

Maybe a hoodie? Something to wear on the next non-uniform day that will mark him out as a cool kid or at least not one who gets bullied for having shit clothes

carocaro Wed 24-Oct-12 20:56:55

A gift card thing so he could what he wanted, you know the ones like plastic, they do lots of different companies in Sainsburys JD Sports, Next, Top Man, Next, House of Fraser, Selfridges, Debenhams etc

I have a 10 year old who is THRILLED TO BITS with a gift card to go shopping to get what he wants and be in total control.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 24-Oct-12 21:24:48

Oh Felicity that is heartbreaking about the crap clothes sad
I have a nearly 13yo DS and he doesn't bother about his clothes that much (no Hollister or Superdry yet and he's not bothered what he wears on his feet) but even he wouldn't want rubbish trainers and ankle skimming trousers.

In your shoes I'd take him with me (DS and I have Mum & Son days) because I honestly have no idea what he likes (I know what he definately doesn't like).

Maybe some quality basics -TShirts, jeans, cargo/combat trousers.
See what young teens are wearing in town (and ask them where they get stuff.I have asked teens where they bought a jacket because my DS would like it.)

H&M, Next , SportShops for boys clothes seem to be our best bets.

Felicitywascold Wed 24-Oct-12 21:43:55

Thanks both. It is sad heartbreaking, and thanks for the advice.

I think maybe a voucher and a promise of a shopping trip is best? He won't go/be allowed to go on his own, but I'd probably get away with a 'trip'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now