Talk

Advanced search

Gah! I know there are loads of threads like this, but ideas for dd2, 18mo?

(6 Posts)
chaosisawayoflife Wed 24-Oct-12 20:48:05

Sorry, been done before, but I need inspiration for dd2! She'll be 18mo at Xmas, and has a 4yo old dsis who was horribly spoiled has everything. We have a teeny house and toys coming out of our ears. Any bright ideas for good value things that will be enjoyed and/or played with but don't take up lots of space?

chaosisawayoflife Wed 24-Oct-12 20:51:38

Or just things that will be useful that can be wrapped up and look like presents so dd1 doesn't think her sister has missed out.

iloveholidays Wed 24-Oct-12 20:55:43

I have exactly the same problem. DD1 is 3.9 and DD2 20 months (DD3 due in 2 weeks!!!).

DD2 is mainly into her baby doll and the play kitchen so I've gone along those themes. Bought changing mat with accessories, bath bath and travel cot for her dolls and few bits for the kitchen set we've not already got. Then mostly tat for the stocking and a jenga style game from elc. I've suggested an aquadraw mat to my parents.

It is hard, I'm dreading what I'm going to do next year with DD3!!

iloveholidays Wed 24-Oct-12 20:56:15

Oh and I bought both the girls a pillow pet

iloveholidays Wed 24-Oct-12 20:58:56

Are they similar seasons, could you get any clothes. My DDs birthdays are 2 weeks apart so not worth getting clothes either.

People have suggested bath toys and art and craft stuff as its stuff that needs replacing.

thehamburglar Wed 24-Oct-12 21:03:12

DD (will be 22 months) at Christmas so will be getting lots of Happyland, some Duplo and a small Baby Annabel with a few outfits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now