Talk

Advanced search

Teenage girl ideas please

(37 Posts)

What are you all getting your teenage girls this year?

Not phones, i pods etc as they each have a phone and shuffle already.

Will get them new PJs, knickers, toiletries etc too but otherwise am a bit stumped!

heronsfly Wed 24-Oct-12 18:37:36

My dd3 13 wants a pair of the flowery Doc Martin boots, dd2 15 wants a tiffany charm, got the bracelet last year, they will both get Gilly Hicks knickers (ridiculous price). grin

Gilly Hicks? Am lost! They will get good old M&S ones because I bought them today!

DMs an excellent suggestion.

heronsfly Wed 24-Oct-12 18:56:21

Gilly Hicks is the cheeky cousin of abercrombie and fitch, and hollister. Instead of clothes, they sell mainly underwear, but at about approx, £8 a pair for knicks and bras starting at £15 they will only be getting a pair each.

shock M&S were four pairs for a fiver AND they had snowflakes on! smile

rhondajean Wed 24-Oct-12 19:06:51

Mini fridges seem to be in vogue round this way.

georgeclooneyfan Wed 24-Oct-12 19:09:58

My dd is 13,she has phone, i pod etc as well.The ideas she has given me are perfume,nail pens??,bath stuff,i tunes vouchers,ghd hair straighteners,(expensive!!),cinema vouchers and an endless list of clothes including top shop jeans,hollister tops,jack wills underwear,converse trainers,hoodies,cosy socks,onezee.She obviously thinks we have an endless supply of cash I find it harder as they get older my ds is 11 and struggling a bit for ideas for him too.

Thank goodness my two aren't into the whole Jack Wills, Hollister thing!

Adds cosy socks to list - you can never have too many cosy socks. smile

georgeclooneyfan Wed 24-Oct-12 19:31:30

I agree my dd loves her cosy socks usually get them from primark or new look.She also likes baking especially.cupcakes I bought her an apron,recipe book,fancy bowl,utensils etc last year she does use them still if you can prize the ipod or phone from her hand for long enough lol.

smile Did the baking thing a couple of years ago - it's a great idea for anybody else wanting inspiration: can deffo recommend it.

Annunziata Wed 24-Oct-12 20:07:10

Oh I want to do the baking thing this year for DD2. I'm waiting a wee bit longer though in case it's a fad. I don't know what to properly get her though.

My 19 year old is getting these: www.office.co.uk/womens/office/nighthawk_stud/10/11354/34182/1?fs=11354
(her fashion sense, is, err, tacky at best grin)

I'm also going to get them make up, perfume, pyjamas and jewellery.

If anyone has seen earrings with pasta on them (I know, it's the weirdest thing) I'd be eternally grateful. Like these, www.polyvore.com/dolce_gabbana_pasta_drop_earrings/thing?id=53802478 only not worth a kidney.

smile re pasta earrings. Topshop usually good for wacky jewellery.

Annunziata Wed 24-Oct-12 20:18:05

Even Topshop has let me down haha. I will keep looking (and I'm bloody well not spending that on a pair of daft earrings!).

Sunglasses?

IceCubes Wed 24-Oct-12 20:19:31

Paul's Boutique handbags tend to be a 'win' apparently!

Paul's Boutique a no here. Depends on the area and the teen, I guess! The dds are more Topshop/Urban Outfitters fans.

Will keep my eye out for pasta earrings for you, Annunziata.

SucksFake Wed 24-Oct-12 20:25:17

Would these pasta earrings do?

My teenage DNs seem to appreciate make up, bags, scarves, jewellery.

Might nick some inspiration from here though!

IceCubes Wed 24-Oct-12 20:26:28

Funny how these things go! They love them here!

How about a onsie, Primark have loads. Could be a bit of a stocking filler? How about nail art stuff? Nail wraps, crackle varnishes, French manicure falsies etc. Perfumes go down well in my experience too.

Crackle varnish sounds good - what on earth IS it though?! Is it something that Barry M might do?

Annunziata Wed 24-Oct-12 20:31:08

Thanks everyone! I've seen them before SucksFack, but she really wants the ones with the black or gold charms on them as well if possible.

American Apparel any good for bits and bobs Remus? It's so expensive I only buy it at Christmas.

YES to crackle varnish- I don't know what it actually is but it makes their nails look crackly confused

Annunziata Wed 24-Oct-12 20:32:16

Like this: www.boots.com/en/17-Nail-Xtras-Crackle-Top-Coat_1205919/

IceCubes Wed 24-Oct-12 20:33:16

I have no idea how to link on my iPhone but I'm sure Barry M do it. Have a look on Google or on Superdrug. It's quite good fun. There is a magnetic one too where you use the magnet on the lid to create a snakeskin type effect on the nail.

I'm a teenage girl in an adult's body...

IceCubes Wed 24-Oct-12 20:33:53

Annunziata - that's the stuff grin

Liking the sound of snakeskin nails!

Will deffo get some of those (so I can pinch them).

wordfactory Wed 24-Oct-12 20:39:46

DD is angling for a scooter - £300 aprox shock
Flowery DMs.
A onesie.

Good stocking fillers in Paper Chase - folders/pens etc more pricey than usual bic biros etc.
Lip balms from Body Shop.
Books.
A pin board.
Warm socks in ludicrous colours/patterns.

My DD is also an afficionado of the Flat Cap, which is not somehting an old man from Docaster might wear, but a retro baseball thumgumy.

doglover Wed 24-Oct-12 21:58:37

I've just bought loads of 'teenager' books from the Book People website. 10% off plus free delivery if you quote CINDERS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now