Talk

Advanced search

what on earth do i buy ds (7yrs) for xmas?

(18 Posts)
mumineedapooooo Wed 24-Oct-12 17:15:18

it seems a funny age where he's too old for some things and too young for others.
he's not asking for anything that i feel happy buying him eg.camera,camcorder and laptop,all of which j know won't be looked after properly and won't and be stored away forgotten about just like his ds.
his 7th birthday is 2 days before xmas too.help

Gumby Wed 24-Oct-12 17:16:24

Harry potter Lego
Beast quest books
The Hobbit Lego

JaquelineHyde Wed 24-Oct-12 17:23:31

My ds is 7 in November so at the exact same stage as your ds.

So far he has asked for a stereo for his bedroom with a microphone shock

This flying ufo thing that you can get to hover between your hands.

A few ds games

and

Lego

Other things I think he would like would be superhero stuff, any transport type toys and a few new DVDs

Leeds2 Wed 24-Oct-12 17:24:32

New bike if he needs one.
Football kit of his fave team.

chocolateshoes Wed 24-Oct-12 17:26:41

my DS was 7 in June so slightly older but I'm also struggling with ideas. What is the flying ufo thing JaquelineH? Any chnace of a link? My DS already has tons of steao equipment with mics that get used alot. Last year we gave him a little MP3 player which he has used loads - would that be a solution? Apart from Lego, though, and Harry Potter Wii game I'm stumped and various relatives are asking for ideas - help!

mumineedapooooo Wed 24-Oct-12 17:29:43

ive been looking at the pirates of the carribian lego ships but unsure.alot of money to be made once,he does enjoy making his own inventions though.
he hardly ever watches tv/dvds or plays on ds,hes always outside rain or shine

Dinosaurhunter Wed 24-Oct-12 17:34:55

Hero factory's ?
Lego

DorsetKnob Wed 24-Oct-12 17:36:39

Den kit here. DD and DS are getting one for Christmas.

YourHandInMyHand Wed 24-Oct-12 17:46:18

I like the den kit!

My DS (just turned 8 but very young for his age) likes Lego, Avengers, Dr Who - he also likes Thomas and the Octonauts still. smile

How about new cool trick looking scooter, these seem to be the "it" thing in DS's class at the moment. Or a new bike. Football and goal /basketball and hoop. Bug collecting kit. ?

I he wants a camera/camcorder you can get them very cheap, I can understand your reluctance though if he's not careful with things. Mine is the opposite, so much so I trust him to use my Nikon one! (I then have to delete multiple videos and pictures of toys but it saves me buying a 2nd camera)

jelliebelly Wed 24-Oct-12 17:46:44

Skylanders giants
3DS
Brainbox football
Guinness book of records
Horrid Henry annual
Match of the day annual
Where's wally puzzle
Rubicks cube
Ice age 4 DVD
Connect 4 launchers
Nerf gun
Atlas
Horrible science kit

iseenodust Wed 24-Oct-12 17:50:49

Can't beat Jellie's list. DS just bought Skylanders at the weekend with birthday money - it is apparently the best game ever.
Yahtzee
The lego games are good eg Harry Potter.
Top trumps in football or star wars

JaquelineHyde Wed 24-Oct-12 18:02:31

UFO thingy

Have a little look at the video at lower down the page.

DS has been desperate for it for a few months now, so I think we will do it for his birthday instead of Christmas.

Taffraid Wed 24-Oct-12 19:13:39

The Brainbox games are all fab - my DS loves them
Fart putty - really
Johnny English DVD
Globe
Coloring book for Boys - Usborne plus some really cool felt tips - Rymans have some lovely ones atm
Torch
My DS is football mad now age 8, so footballs, annuals and football books all a hit

His favourite ever birthday present age 7 was 10 packets of Match Attax and a big bag of sweets grin

sittinginthesun Wed 24-Oct-12 19:15:45

If you have space, table football is brilliant. Ours hasn't left the living room since christmas two years ago, and is played every day.

sadmum1000 Wed 24-Oct-12 19:22:25

Will also add to above ideas (all fab)
Hot wires set
Everything paper jamz - guitar, drums, amp - cheap at the Entertainer,
Last year I when he was 7 I bought a lego boombox at toys r us. Fab cd player and a v happy boy,

Gumby Wed 24-Oct-12 20:50:27

Oh yes don't forget doctor who - figures , annuals, trading cards etc

mumineedapooooo Wed 24-Oct-12 22:36:03

yourhandinmyhand. i didn't realise you could get cheapish camcorders.thank you,without you saying i wouldn't of even looked.thought the price range was £400+ but i have found one at right price that is suppose to be damage and waterproof and can also take still photos too.he's going to love it. smile
thank you also to everyone else for ideas,alot of the things you have mentioned im sure he's never heard of or just not shown an interest to.he's only just recently asked for some moshi monsters because his friends are collecting them.
dp has the impression that furbys are for girls?is he right?

YourHandInMyHand Thu 25-Oct-12 08:11:09

Aw lovely glad I could be a help. smile You can pay what you want there is a huge price range isn't there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now