Talk

Advanced search

Blue Kangaroo soft toy (or pattern) - nowhere to be found!

(10 Posts)
Dozer Wed 24-Oct-12 15:16:41

i'd really like to get DD1 a blue kangaroo plush soft toy like the one in the emma chichester-clarke books, or find a sewing pattern and make one (although have no crafting skills), but there are none to be found! sad

Have tried amazon, etsy, google search, ebay etc. There seems to have been a book with toy sold in 2006 but not available now.

Am surprised as the books are popular. Making and selling them might be a good business opportunity.

Any tips or leads anyone?

Blue Kangaroo, where are you?!

ZombieBelle Wed 24-Oct-12 19:06:30

dont know the kangaroo but

here?

ebay?

amazon

good luck in your search x

Tikkabillajive Wed 24-Oct-12 22:31:33

It may be worth phoning the publisher, Andersen Press as its the sort of thing they might have a few of, hanging around their warehouses.

LadyofWinterfell Wed 24-Oct-12 22:35:40

DS has This

He calls it Perry but it could be a blue kangaroo too!

Doitnicelyplease Wed 31-Oct-12 20:38:07

Not a massive help but my mum brought my DD a blue kangaroo from Australia a couple of years ago it was an ethnic handmade in sri lanka (I think). Looks just like the ones in the books (but came with a removable joey and jacket).

Check etsy?

Aha Found it!
http://www.green-living.com/browseproducts/Kangaroo-with-Joey.HTML
You can remove the jacket and joey

It is actually nicer than it looks in this pic, really well made.

Doitnicelyplease Wed 31-Oct-12 20:51:43

If you do a google search for Barefoot Toys Kangaroo that seems to come up with various retailers.

Vickles Wed 31-Oct-12 21:38:34

Try this pattern.
www.sewingpatterns.org.uk/kangaroo-sewing-pattern.htm

Annoyingly, we used to have one, as I'm a children's storyteller and read the story at the Cheltenam Literature Festival. I gave it to the charity shop when we moved.

You could ring Harper Collins, the Publishers.. Ask for children's department. And plead!

Vickles Wed 31-Oct-12 21:40:20

Or this one.

www.etsy.com/listing/61584621/true-blue-kangaroo-crochet-pattern?

Vickles Wed 31-Oct-12 21:46:50

www.studiodistract.com/pages/projects/blue/index.shtml

zillyzilly Wed 31-Oct-12 21:51:01

Yes, there was deffo a toy with the book. Hope you find one! Someone on MN might have one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now