Talk

Advanced search

8 year old help...

(6 Posts)
madasamarchhare Tue 23-Oct-12 21:30:09

What do yours want for Xmas? Mine wants nothing!! Should be happy they have everything they need and are generally contented but will still want sant to come up with something super!!

lljkk Wed 24-Oct-12 11:05:32

I have told him I'll get him a good scooter as main present. A RaZR or JD Bug, probably.
He had a DSi for 8th birthday.
What is your budget?

Teddimac Fri 26-Oct-12 22:54:09

DD would also like a new scooter, probably the Micro Rocket.

She also likes Lego Creator/City - got the lighthouse and the harbour sets for her birthday, and I've got my eye on the Seaside or Hillside house. The rocket launch one looks amazing too.

However, I'm also all for gifts that don't add to the obscene pile of toys the DC have already (big family) - last year I put tickets for a show in pretty envelopes and hung them on the tree. Also considering something like horseriding/archery/climbing lessons, something we wouldn't otherwise be able to afford to do on a regular basis, but I think she might appreciate these more when she's a bit older.

Other than that: DVDs (recent film releases, Horrible Histories, classic family films); games (eg Monopoly); art stuff (pens, pens, pens); diary (journal type one). She also loves getting book token gift cards - she got two or three for her birthday and thought it was amazing to be allowed to go and blow £20 on books instead of having to save up her pocket money for weeks!

She won't be getting all of this from me, but I always have to have plenty of ideas for the rest of the family too hmm.

lljkk Sat 27-Oct-12 09:45:04

that Micro-Rocket looks lovely but OMG the price, I'd be terrified of DC losing it, getting it nicked or destroying it.

rhondajean Sat 27-Oct-12 09:54:23

Dd wants monster high stuff, the Barbie closet (looking desperately for it half price again,), my little pony,some Moshi monsters, the brave bow and arrow set.

She hasn't asked for anything big but I've still managed to spend a small fortune!

Teddimac Sat 27-Oct-12 11:38:34

I'm with you there lljkk - she'd like it, whether Santa brings one is a different matter wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now