Talk

Advanced search

DS3d xl verus tablet

(7 Posts)
jillyrg Tue 23-Oct-12 17:12:57

Any views on what to get my DS aged 5 1/2 for Christmas, he has asked for a new DS as long as it has a camera and lots of games. but someone mentioned getting a tablet as its cheaper and can down load games etc, just looking for views, he loves the ipad, which he uses with ease but daddy works away from home and takes it with him so we can skype. His current ds is broken, he loves it too.

What to do you think/have you chosen?
smile

olibeansmummy Tue 23-Oct-12 19:47:12

I pad mini smile

jillyrg Wed 24-Oct-12 08:40:54

definately wont be spending £270 on one item for a 5 year old!!

Snorbs Wed 24-Oct-12 09:06:04

For a 5yo I'd get a DSi. It has cameras but doesn't have the gimmicky 3D thing which seems more trouble than its worth. It would be much more robust than a tablet of any make.

insanityscratching Wed 24-Oct-12 09:46:17

If buying a ds I'd buy the ds xl as the 3d version isn't recommended for under 7s and the larger screen is better when a child is younger when their fine motor skills might not be a s highly developed.

jillyrg Wed 24-Oct-12 21:17:38

Thank you that's great I've not seen reviews on the 3d had looked at the xl too so that's another one of the list. Makes sense to replace dsi, And I soppose he can play on ipad with daddy when he's here, be more special that way smile

JJWMummy Wed 24-Oct-12 22:10:11

I would go with the 3ds.
My reason being, the 3d element can be turned off completely, also new games being brought out are only for the 3ds, cannot be used in the dsi, this is the only reason we got the 3ds for our ds2 for his 5th birthday. He loves Mario and would have been stuck with old games otherwise.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now