Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you display cards?

(21 Posts)
WaitingForMe Tue 23-Oct-12 15:51:44

Last year I put them on the dresser but we're hosting this year and I'll need it for putting food and drink on. I like the idea of creating a display but am lacking inspiration somewhat.

I think I'm missing an obvious key word for a pintrest search!

BerthaTheBogBurglar Tue 23-Oct-12 15:55:03

In a pile on the windowsill near the letterbox. grin.

That wasn't the answer you were looking for, was it ...

WaitingForMe Tue 23-Oct-12 15:57:03

Not so much grin

Inneedofbrandy Tue 23-Oct-12 15:59:15

Go on pintrest, theres a few ideas like making card wreaths and christmas tree shapes.

BeaLola Tue 23-Oct-12 16:03:25

I put a thin piece of string from one end or the curtain pole to the other which are over our patio dors in lounge (& where Christmas Tree is) & then hang them over the string - it looks pretty & means they get put up !!!

AMumInScotland Tue 23-Oct-12 16:08:36

I hook them over picture frames in the lounge.

Previously I had lengths of red velvet ribbon which hooked over the end of the curtain pole, and a tub of shiny gold paperclips to attach the cards with. Then we got a new curatin rail so it doesn't work any more....

sauvb Tue 23-Oct-12 16:12:28

I got a card holder in the next sale a few years ago for a couple of pounds. It hangs over the top of the door, with a metallic snow flake decoration at the top (also use it for birthday cards grin ) all the cards slot in rings down the length of the door. decorates the door and keeps the cards out of the way. - The DCs do tend to pull them all over the floor once in a while mind you!

ABitWoozy Tue 23-Oct-12 16:18:11

Blob of Blutak on top left corner of each card and dot them around every inch of free wall space. Living room gets covered, last year the hall also.

Dh is very hmm about it but it makes the place look mega Christmassy and not like Santa's Grotto at all grin

I do filter out anything that doesn't fit in with my favourite red/green/gold colours though, usually little pink Disney cards from school which the kids put up in their bedrooms instead. I love Christmas!

GwendolineScaryLacey Tue 23-Oct-12 16:24:44

Squashed on top of the microwave in a pile. I hate Christmas cards...or rather, I hate picking the bastards up every time they get blown down.

Elizabeth22 Tue 23-Oct-12 16:30:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Startailoforangeandgold Tue 23-Oct-12 16:33:56

Thick fishing line tied across a IKEA shelving unit, gold pegs for birthday cards.
Christmasy mini pegs at Christmas.

It's been there for years, DD1 was the most ridiculously climb and fiddle toddler. Only by hanging cards that Hugh did I get any peace.

Startailoforangeandgold Tue 23-Oct-12 16:34:52

High, I can't even blame auto correct for that one.

Flippityjig Tue 23-Oct-12 16:35:48

I use Blutak and stick them to the dining room doors.

WaitingForMe Tue 23-Oct-12 16:42:14

No curtain poles (Roman blinds) and no bookcases downstairs but looked on Next website and found this. Thanks sauvb.

girlywhirly Tue 23-Oct-12 16:49:12

We have an understairs cupboard door in our lounge so I stick the cards to it with blutack. I'm not fussed about making an artistic display of them.

sweetheart Tue 23-Oct-12 16:52:50

I get some coloured crepe paper and cut it into long lengths. Pin it to the coving and let it hang down and then staple cards onto it. I've tried to find a picture examlpe but i can't so I'm obviously very unique grin

Furball Tue 23-Oct-12 16:56:20

We have one of these - on the floor - works well

TiAAAAARGHo Tue 23-Oct-12 17:04:07

White tack to the hall wall (covering the holes)

Whitershadeofpale Tue 23-Oct-12 17:07:36

We have garlands on the stairs that we attach velvet ribbon to hanging down the ballustrades and then attach the cards, looks lovely IMO.

Linda98 Tue 23-Oct-12 17:16:20

I blu-tack them to the living room door
Not a display, per se, but suits me, and keeps them out of the way for dusting etc.

Scuttlebutter Tue 23-Oct-12 17:26:57

We have a Christmas card holder from Lakeland. You hang it over a door (we use the understair cupboard door which is full height),it's gold and a long sort of tape thing about 4" wide. Cards are then pegged to it using small gold pegs. Looks nice and keeps everything together. We usually end up with an overflow and any particularly large, heavy, or awkward cards can then go on the bookcases.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now