Talk

Advanced search

Books with accompanying cd

(19 Posts)
OhCobblers Tue 23-Oct-12 14:02:06

Dc2 (3 years) loves them and I'd like to get a few more for Christmas. Any recommendations apart from hairy Maclary which I already have my eye on?

Leeds2 Tue 23-Oct-12 17:07:29

The Gruffalo, or other Julai Donaldsons.

everydayaschoolday Tue 23-Oct-12 20:24:49

We have got Puff the Magic Dragon, Barry the Fish with Fingers, Owl Babies, The Snowman, and Five Minutes Peace for DD (4yo). We love these. Got them from Red House. Hope link works...

books with CDs at Red House

crazygracieuk Tue 23-Oct-12 20:26:17

I saw some Disney ones in The Entertainer.

MySecretSelf Tue 23-Oct-12 20:35:06

There are quite a few on offer at WH Smith at the moment (or they were yesterday) - we got 'One Snowy Night' last year which was a nice Christmassy one. There's a Julia Donaldson box set, and the Oliver Jeffers ones are good too.

TwistAndShout Tue 23-Oct-12 20:45:46

Harry and his bucketful of dinosaurs and Charlie and Lola are popular here.

Catmint Tue 23-Oct-12 21:46:12

Pumpkin Soup - lovely!

And there are 2 other books (but they don't have CD's)

The Night Pirates
Little Red Train
Owl babies

MunchMunch Wed 24-Oct-12 00:34:57

Last year i got We're going on a bear hunt, my two love me reading the book at bedtime or they watch the dvd during the day and do the actions.

SavoyCabbage Wed 24-Oct-12 01:32:56

Pants.

BlueChampagne Wed 24-Oct-12 12:55:46

We've got "The owl who was afraid of the dark" with accompanying CD, and also "Carnival of the Animals" with accompanying book of poetry.

ObiWan Wed 24-Oct-12 13:14:36

Farmyard Tales Christmas (with CD) is nice. It has lift the flap, and spot the cat/duck bits running through it too.

RugBugs Wed 24-Oct-12 16:16:04

A lot of the Judith Kerr books are done with cds, we've got the tiger who came to tea and one mog so far.. but just seen this when googled

Mog's Christmas

FireOverBabylon Wed 24-Oct-12 16:21:33

Bump for the Little red train books. most of those come with a CD

Indith Wed 24-Oct-12 16:22:29

We have a few. Dd is 3 and loves Mr Wolf and the Enormous Turnip which has a CD of the story and some songs and we've just been given a lovely book of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with a CD which is just beautiful, the illustrations are lovely.

Catmint Wed 24-Oct-12 21:50:42

Mog's Christmas is lovely. Mog & the baby is so funny, it made me cry with laughter.

OP, the music on hairy maclary is very catchy, I find myself playing in the car even when DD is not there. It is read by David Tennant and when played at DD nursery, all the children adopted Scottish accents.

I recommend checking out what your library has, assuming it is still open.

iseenodust Thu 25-Oct-12 10:01:40

Paddington some are read by Stephen Fry
Elmer the elephant
Marks & Spencer often do classic tales with a CD at Xmas eg the gingerbreadman, elves & the shoemaker

OhCobblers Fri 26-Oct-12 12:51:51

Thanks so much for all the ideas. I quite like the CDs that have more than one story as dc2 tends to fall asleep to them.

fapl Sat 27-Oct-12 11:50:58

Here is a link to all the audio ones at smiths and most are half price, loads to choose from...

www.whsmith.co.uk/Books/Audiobooks/AudioChildrens/AudioChildrensFiction/AudioFairyfolkTales

OhCobblers Sat 03-Nov-12 15:59:42

Thanks fapl, great link!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now