Talk

Advanced search

Tea Set

(8 Posts)
gleemama Tue 23-Oct-12 13:55:23

Has anyone seen a tea set that would be ok for a 7 year old ? One for play, not a real one. My DD likes the one we have, but its years old and half of its been lost. But the only ones I kind find are really small and babyish looking. Thanks.

Lastyearsmodel Tue 23-Oct-12 14:00:28

My DDs have the red spotty John Lewis one - lovely and amazingly sturdy for china.

Also seen a nice tin one in B&M.

Lastyearsmodel Tue 23-Oct-12 14:02:25

JL tea set

gleemama Tue 23-Oct-12 20:03:44

Thank you, will take a look.

Fresh01 Tue 23-Oct-12 20:05:40

There are also lovely tin tea sets. Think Letterbox had a couple of patterns.

strictlycaballine Tue 23-Oct-12 20:30:49

this?

Two here but maybe a bit young

Scroll down for children's sets here but maybe a bit too poncey/old fashioned

melamine one here

not china tea set but good enamel cook ware!

Gleemama really happy to see that it's not just me who buys this sort of thing for their "older" child. We bought dd the most sophisticated play kitchen we could find for her eighth birthday and she absolutely loves it (even though it is too small for her height) and her friends all love it too! Think toy companies should let dc be dc for much longer than current marketing allows.

strictlycaballine Tue 23-Oct-12 21:41:47

found this too but on Belgian site

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 23-Oct-12 22:30:09

IKEA do some nice tea-sets.
I bought the teapot,cups,milk jug and sugarbowl years back.
My DD discovered them about 6 years ago (she's 10 yo now) and she still loves to set out the tray for FC.

I've bought add-on sets of side plates, plastic tumblers and plates and a cutlery set.

(Also well used for Teddy Bear picnics when she was little)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now