Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

christmas wreaths

(8 Posts)
bumperella Mon 22-Oct-12 23:00:02

Am raising money for local gardening charity at a Christmas Fair (in Dec). Part of this will be making and selling wreaths. They'll be made from holly/pine/etc (locally sources -i.e. begged from friends gardens) with added "stuff" (berries, pine cones, cinammon sticks, ribbon, dried oranges etc etc). So what's the maximum you'd pay for a wreath that could only be used for one year?
We'll also sell garlands, tree decoraions, plants, etc, but the pricing of these is way easier as they're jsut not as expensive or time-consuming to make/grow.

GrimAndHumourless Mon 22-Oct-12 23:02:00

prob a tenner? I dunno really

jellycat Mon 22-Oct-12 23:07:05

I buy a wreath most years from a local man who makes them. We pay about £10 which I think is good value for a nice fresh wreath (they last ages).

MamaPizza Tue 23-Oct-12 06:24:25

£10 sounds good to me.

oreocrumbs Tue 23-Oct-12 10:27:06

From our local farm shop he sells tham ay £8 for a small, £10 medium ans £12 large, for a standard wreath. he also gives discount like mad though. Don't think I've ever paid full price for anything! Bless him.

He does a more fancy version, for 12, 15 and 18 too.

ImperialBlether Tue 23-Oct-12 11:49:41

They're between £10 and £20 near me. The sort you're describing, though, would go for about £25. They sound lovely. Whereabouts are you?

worldgonecrazy Tue 23-Oct-12 11:53:53

I'd pay about a tenner for a non fancy wreath, up to £20 for one with added bits - love the idea of the cinammon sticks.

bumperella Tue 23-Oct-12 23:19:48

H'mmm - I'm hoping they will be lovely but may well be suffering from "enthusiasm over experience".
PS - Imperial, am near Stirling... would love to recruit a customer in advance....! If you're anywhere near, please disregard comment re enthusiasm vs experience, am of course expert florist :-).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now