Talk

Advanced search

Baby rocking animal, advice please!

(7 Posts)
FedUpOfRain Sun 21-Oct-12 10:44:58

I want to get my gorgeous new nephew a really good Christmas present. I was looking at rocking animals, specifically this one or maybe this . He will only be 6 months old and although it says suitable from 9 months, I was thinking it would be a present that would get lots of future use. However my grumpy, practical DP thinks it might be a bit much and ?where would they put it!??

Has anyone used one? I don?t think it?s that big?

FedUpOfRain Sun 21-Oct-12 10:45:59

Don't know where all the ? came from, sorry!

GrimAndHumourless Sun 21-Oct-12 11:00:40

they ARE really big and bulky

how much floor space at their home?

rhondajean Sun 21-Oct-12 11:45:17

We had a rocking bear. It wasn't that big and both dds loved it and got lots of play out of it. I think it's a lovely present.

FedUpOfRain Sun 21-Oct-12 13:11:26

They have a bit of space, I imagine it would be kept against a wall and pulled out when it's being played with. I guess the caterpillar one does look a bit bulky.

kiwidreamer Sun 21-Oct-12 13:15:53

The fact that they have sided seats means that they can be used easily from when bubs can sit and then over the next year or two he will be able to get on and off himself but be quite safe while he is up there. I think they would be a lovely present, go for the £40 I'd say as I cant imagine the £80 being twice as good IYKWIM. We have the Mama's and Papa's Charlie caterpillar rocking animal and its been well loved over the years, we have plenty of space though in our lounge for half adult space and half kids space.

izzywizzyisbizzy Sun 21-Oct-12 13:18:30

They are lovely - I'd go for the cheaper one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now