Talk

Advanced search

Which Advent calendar?

(10 Posts)
MyMamaToldMe Sun 21-Oct-12 08:22:10

Lego or Playmobile? And which one do you have and do you rate it as worth the money? Looking at getting one this year as an alternative to the chocolate ones, but as they are quite ££, I want to make sure I get a good one!

FreddoBaggyMac Sun 21-Oct-12 08:50:59

We've had a few playmobile ones and have been very happy with all of them, depends on whether you want it for a boy or girl and their ages which one is best to get, but you can't go too wrong with playmobile. We had the Santa Post office one last year which was a big hit with both dds and dss. The only lego one we've had so far was the lego kingdoms one which was a bit disappointing for the money. This year we have the lego friends one for my dds and moshi for the dss and i think both will be a big hit!

sadmum1000 Sun 21-Oct-12 11:54:15

We had playmobil post office too last year and it was great. This year DD is having moshi and ds lego city. It is expensive but we don't go overboard on xmas presents and I love the whole excitement of advent calendars.

izzywizzyisbizzy Sun 21-Oct-12 11:57:12

The imaginex one is half price somewhere ad well and amazon have sone deals on playmobil ones for £12.99z

Taffeta Sun 21-Oct-12 12:18:05

Mine have had both but this year DD is having the Moshi one and DS is getting a chocolate one for the first time, as he's outgrown Lego and Playmo.

I preferred the Playmo one DD had last year to the Lego one DS had, but it was a PITA to put together.

FreddoBaggyMac Sun 21-Oct-12 12:37:38

imaginext one is half price here. Looks fab!

MyMamaToldMe Tue 23-Oct-12 11:47:22

Thanks all!!! smile

kiwidreamer Tue 23-Oct-12 11:50:53

We did the playmobil dinosaur advent calendar as a reward chart type think last year and it was really great, during the year I picked up the Christmas Post Office one for £12 so I'm looking forward to DS discovering this one too.

AngryFeet Tue 23-Oct-12 12:03:17

I just ordered 2 of the Moshi ones so thanks for that smile Was going to get Lego but they will love these so much more. I can't believe I have just spent so much on advent calenders though!

AngryFeet Tue 23-Oct-12 12:03:46

Oh and I got them from Amazon as they are £21.99 with free delivery smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now