Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are you buying your 10yo dd

(24 Posts)
Waitingforastartofall Sat 20-Oct-12 12:08:43

Hi i am looking for presents for 10yo sd, what kind of things are you buying? smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Oct-12 16:50:58

My 10yo DD has already had an iPod bought with Christmas money (her D Uncle sent her £50 -very early- she will get money from her g/parents and she paid the rest herself)

So I'm in exactly the same situation as you.
She got a laptop for her 10th birthday, she got lods of Sylvanian Family stuff last year (Regency Hotel was £50 in Argos last year).
She's already got a camera.
She can only wear a certain amount of jewellery/clothes/toilettres.

So confused

ninjanurse Sat 20-Oct-12 17:30:41

Am looking for ideas for 9 yo DD and 10 yo DSD. Have bought them a few crafty bits so far. They have got tablets/bikes/flikrs/sylvanians etc. Need some more ideas if only to give family some ideas.

neddle Sat 20-Oct-12 18:42:40

I've got a ukelele for my dds 11th birthday next month. the musicroom has a starter pack for £20.

Waitingforastartofall Sat 20-Oct-12 18:52:55

Thats a lovely present. Rely struggling this time the boys are almost done an iv barely started. She vot orbeez for birthday so maybe an orbeez lamp

BerthaTheBogBurglar Sat 20-Oct-12 20:48:06

So far -

A laminator and a lot of pouches, endless fun there I feel
Hair crimpers (she has straighteners, wanted these)
Harumika

She has requested a plasma ball lamp thing. And Playmobil ponies. And a 3d puzzle.

invicta Sat 20-Oct-12 20:49:33

Apparently, the new Furby is 'the' present o get ths year.

Waitingforastartofall Sat 20-Oct-12 20:57:26

Ooh orbeez do a mood ball lamp looks quote cool. Like the hair ideas. Not sure about furbyb at fifty quid...wonder if it would be abandoned a week after

ChristmasKate Sat 20-Oct-12 21:07:02

My DD likes her Badge it so I have bought refills for that, the laminator is a great idea!

Startailoforangeandgold Sat 20-Oct-12 21:11:23

DD2 (11) Half an Xbox and kinex, big sister gets the other half.

Last year she got a lap top,
Not her first one but wasn't her fault that Sony designed various faults in to her old one.

She will always, always have new SIMs add ons. (yes much of SIMs is 12+, shock horror, they have pixelated sex, and have babies).

The refrain in this house is always HW, then SIMs.

Waitingforastartofall Sat 20-Oct-12 21:16:28

Id love a laptop that can play Sims my graphics aren't good enough for it sad

Whistlingwaves Sat 20-Oct-12 22:22:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ELR Sat 20-Oct-12 22:26:33

I've got dd who is 10 a firby and a pandora leather double strap bracelet with one charm, she can use money from relatives to buy more. Also got her a sewing kit, a hot water bottle, a zombie making kit and a yo yo. Her grandma has got her monopoly electronic banking and inlaws iTunes voucher.
Then stockking stuff.

ELR Sat 20-Oct-12 22:27:25

Also puffin post from my dad!

ChristmasKate Sat 20-Oct-12 22:30:30

Can I hijack and ask if your 10 yr olds have mobiles and if they do which one, on contract? and any advice please?

DD is desperate for a phone for Christmas but I'm clueless!

Whistlingwaves Sat 20-Oct-12 22:34:04

Whistlingwaves Sat 20-Oct-12 22:35:03

ChristmasKate Sat 20-Oct-12 22:45:28

I have never heard of huwei blaze and most of DDs friends have blackberry but I refuse on the principal that DH has had to work for 10 years with the same company to work his way upto having a blackberry and responsibly enough

I'm thinking Galaxy payg? DD does now walk to school now and then so I can justify a need.......

DD2 is 8 and wants a Paul Botique bag for school shock <faints>

HeeeresThing3 Sat 20-Oct-12 23:04:43

DD1 wants a stunt scooter so she will be getting that for Christmas with a few little bits like books, toiletries and DVDs.

It is her birthday Christmas eve and I have no idea what to get for that. I was thinking a camera but good ones cost more than I want to pay really.

twolittledarlings Sat 20-Oct-12 23:27:09

I got mine a nice Canon camera. My dd will be 11 on Xmas eve and my other dd will be 9 on 19th Dec. Both have a new camera. Use Jessop deal from Tesco Clubcard, double up so paid £115 in rewards and spent £230 in Jessops for 2 very nice cameras the Canon A4000. Better than mine. Had to get them early as dd10 now just went to France for the week with her school so it was nice that she got to use it.
Also thinking of getting them both each the Kindle Fire Tablet as they keep fighting to use my iPad.

That's their main presents. Lots of little presents added that they have asked for like Little Mix and One Direction CD, calendars, umbrella, sequin art each, annuals, maybe club penguin membership for dd9, set of 10 small puffles each on amazon for £10, maybe a clock iPod each, moshi stuff, pjs, towel, big box of Fashion Angels three portfolios ( from Tk max- which are fashion books and stencils whereby they get to design outfits as they both like drawing and colouring) and any other little things I find.

Mostly get them smaller stuff now as don't want to get them to many plastic tat and they do have their 2 main presents. Still haven't played with their 7 boxes of games i bought them last year. mainly word educational games. they both have too much at home. Though am thinking of getting them a Furby to share (cheapest I have found is on Amazon for £47. Most shops sell them for £60.)

dd10 wants a phone but as she is in year6, no need for one until she goes to secondary school so still holding out. She also wants a pair of Converse but have told her that I will get them for her in Spring instead of the pumps that I usually get her each year for the summer. No need for Converse now as I only just got her a new pair of boots for the winter as well as an extra pair of trainers (for the France trip).

ChristmasKate Sat 20-Oct-12 23:32:03

Two if you take a look at the Christmas bargains thread there is a discount code for converse that makes them a great Christmas surprise, th new thread links the code in the first post.

twolittledarlings Sat 20-Oct-12 23:33:41

Thank you ChristmasKate. I will take a look.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 20-Oct-12 23:47:19

What about a USB stick? You can get the ones that look like a lipstick or just a plainer one.

I saw a hand held scanner on QVC (you run it across the page instead of feeding the page into a scanner) so it can be something larger, something wall mounted or not completely flat.
Can't find it now but it's QVCuk.com

Waitingforastartofall Sun 21-Oct-12 07:30:17

Some good ideas on here, we already have a tablet as a family, I can think of lots of bits but not mail will go and check some of your ideas out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now