Talk

Advanced search

Sainburys, Asda & Tesco toy sales

(19 Posts)
30ish Thu 18-Oct-12 18:59:07

Does anyone know what date and time they usually start? I stumbled upon the Sainsbury's sale last year & I can't remember the date! I also just caught the tail end on the Asda toy sale advert & missed all the details! Thank you.

izzywizzyisbizzy Thu 18-Oct-12 19:38:33

Tescos is on, domt know about Asda sainsbos is apparently wednesday

sunnyday123 Thu 18-Oct-12 20:20:38

I emailed sainsburys today and the reply said they had no plans for a sale anytime soon!? Not sure if it was too put me off?

30ish Thu 18-Oct-12 21:06:37

I rang our local Sainsbury's store and was told that they aren't allowed to say until there is a press release but that it looked as though it was sometime next week, at the same time as Tezco?!!?!?! Seriously don't understand cryptic messages!

30ish Thu 18-Oct-12 21:06:53

Tesco!

naturalbaby Thu 18-Oct-12 21:09:07

Our tesco has one at the moment, not a huge selection but still a couple of good things. I read on a local FB group that Sainsburys aren't doing one this year.

gregssausageroll Thu 18-Oct-12 21:24:49

ASDA is on now. It is rubbish though but may be I am late to it online.

nancy75 Thu 18-Oct-12 21:26:40

Sainsburys say they are not doing it every year, and then do! The last 2 years it has been during the half term, but as that is late this year it could be next week

ELR Thu 18-Oct-12 21:31:04

Will check and report back tomorrow! A mum in DS class is a store manager she always let's me know.

gleemama Fri 19-Oct-12 11:34:12

I read, that the Sainsbuys sale starts Wed 24th, and its not all 50% off this year. Some toys will be 25%, some 33% and some 50% off. But all toys will be in the sale. Read on the money saving site. Bit rubbish this year if there doing that.

paddlepie Fri 19-Oct-12 12:12:02

Sainsburys starts on Wednesday but won't be as good as previous years. Still bargains to be had though. Press release hasn't been done yet though so staff aren't allowed to tell you officially.

pigleychez Fri 19-Oct-12 22:40:48

Please tell me the sainsbury's sale is online too!?

Typically wed Im looking after my friends children too and taking 4 toddlers to go look at Toys would be just asking for trouble! shock
Dont want to miss out though!

milk Sat 20-Oct-12 09:17:55

Last year I lived round the corner from a Sainsburys, so at 8am I took my 9 month old son out and had loads of bargains at an empty Sainsburys filled with 50% off toys grin

This year I live no where near a Sainsburys sad I do not drive and will not bus it with a 3 week old and a 19 month old that stops being grouchy at 10am (he apparently hates mornings).

Last year online was no where near as good as instore sad I hope this year is better!

gregssausageroll Sat 20-Oct-12 09:53:59

We have a sainsburys but the toy bit is poor. That said if I can get a couple of games and some stocking fillers it would be good. Ours opens at 8 am.

sunnyday123 Sat 20-Oct-12 12:56:00

Surely though boots would still be a lot cheaper than these sales with their 3 for 2 as most things are available online and you get free delivery to the store?

I did get a few little things in the sainsburys sale last year but by the time I added it up it was no cheaper than if I'd got them as a batch in boots?

The asda sale has some great bits in for girls. Not half term for us til the week after so in work next week so won't even get chance too look sad

gregssausageroll Sat 20-Oct-12 15:17:57

Boots is good. Just been looking online. Still seem to be waiting on lots of stock so can't Oder.

rhondajean Sat 20-Oct-12 15:22:34

It depends. If they are half price again at sainsburys, it's cheaper than 3 for 2.

The original prices are almost identical on any of the toys I've checked.

DuelingFanjo Tue 23-Oct-12 11:41:30

ELR - any news? when is it?

DesperatelySeekingPomBears Tue 23-Oct-12 12:37:41

Just got an email... Sainsburys starts tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now