Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Linen

(7 Posts)
kiwidreamer Wed 17-Oct-12 16:34:10

I've been using the same white table cloth and red holly runner / napkins for about 4yrs now and I'd like a change - any suggestions?? What colours are stylish but classic, I wont replace every year so needs to last the distance really.

I could reuse the white table cloth, it has a yellow mark but might be able to bleach that out. Its a faff and a half to iron tho!!!

SilverCharm Wed 17-Oct-12 17:11:53

I like this one...it's very traditional though and a bit quirky so not to everyones taste

kiwidreamer Wed 17-Oct-12 17:14:46

that is cute silvercharm but I think I'll need something a bit more traditional, so I can rotate over the next decade or two

Brycie Wed 17-Oct-12 17:16:32

Blue/ice snowflakey?

SilverCharm Wed 17-Oct-12 17:19:16

Oh it IS trad! Just in a very 1950's twee fashion! grin

Why don't you just get some fabric that you like from an online fabric shop and make a new runner? There's loads of reds and blues and greens that would work....with festive print or without. Then you can keep the white cloth.

Brycie Wed 17-Oct-12 17:20:00

I keep looking but all these websites keep locking my computer!

Brycie Wed 17-Oct-12 17:28:25

Ok this is the sort of start of the theme

Then an ice blue silk table runner, pale blue candles and so on.

Then when you add Christmas red, perhaps with napkins, name places, napkin holders, then it all starts coming together as a wee bit Scandi/Swedish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now