Talk

Advanced search

Gift ideas for Mother & partner around £30.

(6 Posts)
bacon Tue 16-Oct-12 16:40:39

Anyone seen something unique? Even a hamper wont stretch that far.

Any ideas?

Lovewearingjeans Tue 16-Oct-12 16:41:58

What are they into?

KD0706 Tue 16-Oct-12 17:27:29

I came on to suggest a hamper!!
A voucher for somewhere they like to eat?
Maybe tickets to something, but I know the £30 might not stretch to much.

Do you have children? Would they appreciate something like a plate w the children's hand prints, or decorated by the children if they are old enough? Maybe one each, I'm not sure how much they cost.

bacon Tue 16-Oct-12 22:10:17

They travel, social and generally go out loads (75yrs old). They dont live together.

£30 wont strech far but thats my limit as they are very tight shall we say! And christmas dinner is costing us a fortune.

It wont buy theatre tickets and I've done afternoon tea. Mind you I may do afternoon tea again at a different place.

No they wouldnt appreciate a decorated plate.

Think I may stick with afternoon tea unless there are any ideas???

mameulah Tue 16-Oct-12 22:20:55

A subscription to a magazine? And if you buy the December copy and wrap it up with a message about the subscription on it then they you also have a gift for them to open.

Have you seen the port glasses on Lakeland? That and a bottle of port. If they invite people to their home socially they might be a good idea.

Lovewearingjeans Wed 17-Oct-12 17:29:13

How about a voucher for a nice restaurant? I did this for my dad last year (I had a slightly bigger budget of £50) which paid for lunch off a set menu at a smart Indian restaurant in London. I made it clear that it would only pay for lunch - any extras they had to pay for. Luckily they loved it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now