Talk

Advanced search

Tell me how you wrap!!

(10 Posts)
KrassKim Tue 16-Oct-12 13:31:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Littlemissimpatient Tue 16-Oct-12 13:36:27

My mum had 4 dc so each child had a colour or two so she knew at a glance what present belongs to who.
I change what i do each year!

gregssausageroll Tue 16-Oct-12 13:41:53

DS is only 4 so my shambolick wrapping is fine. Other people get a bag with their gift and a bit of shredded tissue on top!

Elizabeth22 Tue 16-Oct-12 13:51:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nicky1306 Tue 16-Oct-12 18:58:27

Usually hurriedly on Xmas eve with toothpicks holding my eyes open and a glass of wine in my hand........ blush

This year I WILL be organised! grin dd and d step daughters x2 will all have different paper so we can see who's is who's x x

2kidsintow Tue 16-Oct-12 19:27:35

I do the 'different paper for different people' thing too. It makes it easy to tell whose is whose when giving out the gifts.

This year, though, I am still contemplating a box of chocs with a gift card stuck on it. <lazy git emoticon>

attheendoftheday Tue 16-Oct-12 23:51:06

I did brown paper last year and think I'll do the same this year. I collect bits and pieces of ribbon, fabric, shoelaces, tassles etc through the year to make it look interesting, and i reuse these (well, the bits on family presents, anyway).

janji Wed 17-Oct-12 00:47:55

Different couple of papers for each child; saves on writing out loads of seperate gift tags!

hamncheese Wed 17-Oct-12 06:39:29

One year I did a combo of the colour thing and brown paper but also newspaper. Basically for each person their presents are wrapped in a colour of tissue and brown paper or newspaper so you get a stack alternating paper then coloured tissue and then ribbon the same colour as the tissue. Also can use old Christmas card cut out tags to pick tags similarly coloured. Lots of effort but really looked amazing.

It's year is my using up year so using all the Christmas cards left from other years and a different paper each person as I have ends of loads to use

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 17-Oct-12 06:44:19

I choose a 'theme' every year blush

Some years it's a tasteful and more sedate theme of brown paper and gold/red ribbon.
This year its a case of every gift being something different and that comes from having a zillion off cuts of paper left from a previous project. I always add some sticky bows to gifts as the kids love to play with these. smile

I do change it every year depending on what sort of Christmas I fancy, this year we not only have 12 people for the day but I will have a new baby so it's a more relaxed plan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now