Talk

Advanced search

Does anybody NOT buy Christmas themed pajamas?

(49 Posts)
KrassKim Tue 16-Oct-12 13:13:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChippyMinton Tue 16-Oct-12 13:16:34

Just buy nice ones. Not sure what folk do with their Xmas ones after Twelfth Night anyway - are they still wearing them at Easter confused!

Waitingforastartofall Tue 16-Oct-12 13:17:46

I don't buy festive pjs but love the mothercare reindeer ones. The reason I don't buy festive is I want them to wear throughout year ans would get twitchy if festive pjs in march ect

HauntedLittleLunatic Tue 16-Oct-12 13:18:16

I always buy my dc pjs (but they go with the rest of the prezzies).

I don't usually buy Christmas themed ones as I want them to wear them all year.

CointreauVersial Tue 16-Oct-12 13:19:04

PJs for just one day?? Why would you?

DMIL can be relied upon to produce PJs for the DCs every year - not Christmassy ones, usually Primark's finest. grin To be worn year-round!

Mintyy Tue 16-Oct-12 13:19:40

Me! Never heard of this ridiculously twee and sentimental tradition until I joined Mumsnet. My dc get new pyjamas when they need them.

<bah humbug>

mumnosbest Tue 16-Oct-12 13:22:46

me too! I buy pjs for the whole winter then new ones for summer. none for christmas.

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 16-Oct-12 13:24:11

I never buy Christmas themed pyjamas, but I always buy new pyjamas for DS for Christmas. The themed ones look a bit daft in April!

Lovely pyjamas for boys in Boots (the soldier ones), JoJo Maman Bebe (love the pirate ones) and the White Company.

CiderwithBuda Tue 16-Oct-12 13:27:10

Always new pjs on Xmas eve but not Xmas themed. I did it one year and it annoyed me till summer.

Last years were M&S and the bottoms were red tartan so xmassy enough but not overly so.

oldraver Tue 16-Oct-12 13:40:22

Last year DS had some Dr Who ones with a fleecy top that he chose himself. In the past he has had sort of Christmas ones... several times the Boots ones which usually have reindeers on, and he has also chosen some penguin ones. He does wear them all year

PeggyCarter Tue 16-Oct-12 13:46:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ragwort Tue 16-Oct-12 13:49:30

No I don't either, and I'm another one who hadn't heard of this twee custom until Mumsnet. My DS gets new pyjamas when I find them in a charity shop or are given hand-me-downs as necessary grin.

insanityscratching Tue 16-Oct-12 17:14:17

Dd has new pyjamas, sometimes Christmassy if I manage to get some heavily reduced in M&S the year previously but often not. Even if they are Christmassy she wears them throughout the year until she grows out of them or they fall to pieces.

usualsuspect3 Tue 16-Oct-12 17:16:31

I've never bought my DCs christmas pajamas <joins the bah humbug camp>

usualsuspect3 Tue 16-Oct-12 17:17:05

Pyjamas*

RedGreenWhiteViolet Tue 16-Oct-12 17:24:36

We just buy winter pyjamas. Christmas ones will only get used for a month and then never used again. Winter ones can be used all winter and the next Christmas.

FreakoidOrganisoid Tue 16-Oct-12 17:32:46

I buy new pjs at xmas but never xmas themed, i usually try to get them as non festive as possible

OhTheConfusion Tue 16-Oct-12 19:13:08

I always buy new pj's for christmas eve but never festive ones. I got our DD's cute fairy ones, same pattern different pj's as baby and 8. Will look as pretty at easter as they will on christmas eve smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 16-Oct-12 20:54:47

Last year DD got pjs with a red & white spot trouser-she wore the top (polar bear) over Christmas and a vest top after.
DS gets camoflague/bugs/skulls. Not festive, but new grin

VBisme Tue 16-Oct-12 20:56:53

Always buy new pj, but never christmas themed one.

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 16-Oct-12 20:59:17

I always buy new ones but not Christmas ones

bacon Tue 16-Oct-12 22:18:59

I usually buy mine used off e-bay. Started looking now. M&S, Mothercare, John Lewis.

joanofarchitrave Tue 16-Oct-12 22:23:02

I don't buy pjs for Christmas as I don't expect anyone in my family to wear pyjamas much unless we are in bed, but a previous pyjama-themed thread revealed to me that my attitude to pyjamas and the situations in which others wear them is a bit screwed up.

In a nutshell, why not just buy some plain pyjamas and use some fabric crayons/applique shapes to decorate them with Christmassy things? Could be a Christmas Eve thing to do?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 16-Oct-12 22:25:01

I buy new ones, but not Christmas themed ones. Cannot see the point of buying clothing that can only really be worn once!

mrsmplus3 Wed 17-Oct-12 23:40:43

Ive never done it but kind of want to this year grin. Maybe I'm becoming more of a big kid in my old age cause I'm getting more excited every year and adding new traditions. It's just a magical time for the kids isn't it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now