Talk

Advanced search

Help gift ideas please?

(4 Posts)
The3Bears Tue 16-Oct-12 11:44:27

I am so stuck with what to get dm, I was going to get Molton Brown gift set and a gift voucher for a shop she likes but it seems abit boring and thoughtless and I dont think she would realise how much the molton brown set is. So back to square one?!
She does like jewelery but I cant afford something ridiculous so I was looking at these? www.swarovski.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/SCO-Web_GB-Site/en_US/-/USD/SPAG_DetailPage-ViewPage?SKU=1062708
www.tiffany.co.uk/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=25152336&mcat=148204&cid=287465&search_params=s+5-p+2-c+287465-r+201323338+201432137-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+
Do you think there abit naff though, I would love to get her something from Tiffany and co (would like something from there myself) but not sure if it would look too small.

I hate buying for adults!

FireOverBabylon Tue 16-Oct-12 11:52:00

What's your budget for her, and where does she buy her own jewellery from? For me, the tiffany necklace is too insubstantial for the £100 price tag, but then I wouldn't spend £100 on my DM unless I was getting her a new TV / video or a spa treatment / mani + pedicure - something more tangible.

You've mentioned jewellery but what are her interests? Could you buy something to complement them?

The3Bears Tue 16-Oct-12 12:09:54

Im not too sure really she hasnt bought herself any jewellery for a long time. For the past couple of years ive got her a Radley bag and matching purse for her Birthday which she has loved and used everday since but I wanted to get her something different this year.
I like to spend abit on my dm as she has so many grandchildren etc to buy for and she always thinks about others so I like to return the favour.

Elizabeth22 Tue 16-Oct-12 13:35:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now