Talk

Advanced search

Hand/Foot /Fingerprint Jewellery ???

(10 Posts)
BeaLola Mon 15-Oct-12 09:29:54

Hi,

Has anyone bought or received any of the hand/foot or fingerprint jewellery that is around with various companies & if so does it look lovely ? I was thinking of buying a piece for MIL for Christmas but am concernced that really the prints won't look like DS hand/fooet etc & could just be random ?

mrscumberbatch Mon 15-Oct-12 11:58:19

I got this done in a little shop in Glasgow - they take the prints using a disposable kit and then reproduce it with lazers on sterling silver pendants, charms or keyrings. They could do the whole hand and then size it down - it's lovely.

It was a little independent shop so can't find a website but I'll give you their contact details if you like?

BeaLola Wed 17-Oct-12 11:12:50

Thank you - being nosey did you go for a handprint or a finger print - I keep looking but can't decide which would be nicer ???

FitByForty Wed 17-Oct-12 11:25:45

I've done this for my mum and she loves it. I did fingerprint charms of myself, DD and DS (over a period of time - not all at once) and DM wears them on a chain all the time. Its a real conversation piece too - everyone asks her about it.
I used Fingerprint Jewellery (sorry, can't link from phone) They are web based but sometimes also work out of John Lewis I think. Would really recommend. Lovely quality bits (not cheap though) and fab customer service

RhiRhi123 Wed 17-Oct-12 11:52:39

I'm just looking into This site. It's looks really good and reasonable too.

mrscumberbatch Wed 17-Oct-12 12:02:05

I got a full handprint.

The fingerprint jewellery you can get kits to do it yourself and it's far cheaper and usually looks exactly the same. I thought that the handprint was more interesting though and went for that.

ZeldaUpNorth Thu 18-Oct-12 14:05:43

I bought mine and my friends from here. I got handprints, 1 charm per kid.
This is my actual necklace

www.preciouslittleprints.co.uk/

Leoboy Thu 18-Oct-12 14:10:48

I got my niece a necklace of hands and foot prints of her still born baby. Got them from fingerprint jewellery. My friend has the fingerprint one and I think the hand and feet ones are nicer. It's hard to tell what the fingerprint one is, looks like a blob of silver to me!!

mimimomma Fri 19-Oct-12 13:20:42

Where are you based? This week I picked up silver cufflinks for my DH and I'm really pleased with the result, if it wasn't going to spoil the surprise I'd ask him to get me a keyring or necklace etc. Maybe for my birthday next year....

If you're near Maidenhead, try these;

http://www.dinkyfingerprint.co.uk/

Kbishop Wed 31-Oct-12 10:45:07

I got my other half some cufflinks from Moment In Time Jewellery I was so pleased with them i've bought a bracelet for my mum for christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now