Talk

Advanced search

On the look out for a new tree if anyone sees any good deals please let me know

(9 Posts)
boredandrestless Sun 14-Oct-12 18:16:43

I am after a new (fake) xmas tree. I've had current one for a decade, it was a cheapy from argos and was looking rather sparse last year, it's been shedding for 10 years so hardly surprising! It's a 7ft one and I don't really want anything too much smaller so either a 6ft or 7ft, nice and bushy looking.

If anyone sees any at a good price please let me know? smile

roundtable Sun 14-Oct-12 18:31:39

Marking place as this year we're not having a real one for the first time <sob> as we have a almost toddler who was possibly a tasmanian devil in a past life. Something that looks real and will last would be brilliant.

Good thread start op!

VivaLeBeaver Sun 14-Oct-12 18:34:19

I'd like a new one as well, I want a brown one.

Also marking place. We lost ours in our two house moves this year. Probably binned it accidentally.

Great thread OP!

MumOfAPickle Sun 14-Oct-12 18:49:20

I want one like that too! I'm putting my foot down with a firm hand this year and have told my xmas tree snob of a DH that we are NOT getting a real one this year. I am fed up of the hoovering and the faff and the hoovering and the getting rid of it and ra ra ra. So. Yes a fake one please, any tips would be great!

ChippyMinton Sun 14-Oct-12 20:02:49

Last year Homebase had some good deals on some nice trees. Wait for one of their Fri-Sun 15% off deals too.

IMO you need to go and look at trees, rather than on-line, and then watch youtube for a guide to how to fluff them up properly <fake tree convert>

ditavonteesed Sun 14-Oct-12 20:04:06

also marking place, after we stored the old one in the cellar and had to pick dead slugs off it last year, we decided its time for a new one.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 14-Oct-12 20:25:53

I bought one from Ebay last year (it's about 6' tall) .It arrived about 6 days before Christmas , we left it really late to order one hmm

TBH I was a bit disappointed with it, mainly I think because I've bought real trees for the past few years but they are getting more expensive each year.(I think the last one was close to £60)

This year I will take more time to sort the branches out and fluff the leaves. It has 3 sections, each with its own wire for the lights.It has 200 but could benefit from a few more grin

And, I had to use the scabby looking stand it came with, my cast iron tree holder wouldn't hold it steady(and the stand wouldn't fit inside)

wfrances Mon 15-Oct-12 08:38:02

i love christmas trees,
lately i tend to buy one a year,(not full price)
last year we had the john lewis woodland tree (£35 off ebay)in the dining room as it suited the room perfectly rustic scandi style.
main living has a massive 7ft bushy tree from argos in front of the french doors, half price £50 .
this is the tree im looking to replace this year as we want a flocked tree,i want the one in h.o.fraser but its £150 and dh said no.
replace ,because even though it looks fab,every branch has to be fanned out and hinged onto the tree, its a christmas mood destroyer,it takes forever.
the hall has the john lewis paper tree, which is my very favourite.
i would prefer to have real trees but dh is allergic to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now