Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas needed please

(7 Posts)
EricNorthmansFangBanger Sat 13-Oct-12 14:21:59

Ive decided to be a little bit more organised this year with regards to Christmas presents, usually start far too late and have been one of those who have rushed about on Christmas eve blush

I'm really stuck on what to get our DD's this year. DD1, who will be 5 in January, isn't sure what she wants apart from a Hello Kitty CD player. DD2 will be 18 months at Christmas.

So far I have:

DD1

- Leapfrog Tag reading system

DD2

- Tomy Hide and Squeak Eggs
- Leapfrog Shapes and sharing picnic basket
- Tomy play to learn aqua splash and Print

Need to get DD1 the CD player and some books to go with the already purchased Tag, but other than that I'm flummoxed at what to get them. I really should be better at this but am unfortunately not. We are quite skint so I think we may only be able to get together another £100 each to buy more presents.

We also have our niece to buy for who will be 17 months old and need a present idea for her up to say £20?

My parents also have 3 foster kids who will definitely be with them for Christmas, two girls who are 11 and 8 and a boy age 7. I don't want to leave them out and looking to spend £10 each on them.

Also I was wondering if anyone does Christmas eve hampers? If you do, what the heck do you put in them? Apart from the obligatory pj's of course. I was thinking of doing a family one, so pjs for each of us, a film, some reindeer food and maybe some chocolate but a bit stuck to what else I could put in there?

Any ideas for parents would be good too, more from the children than us. I was thinking hampers for each set but not sure what I could put in them. PIL are just hitting their 60's, FIL is diabetic and quite fussy. Likes chutneys and sloes and such. MIL doesn't have a particular interest so to speak. My parents are mid to late 40's and are partial to some wine.

See, told you I was useless!! I'll be 7 months pregnant at Christmas so just want to get everything sorted ASAP. Also in my final year of uni so currently have research, assignments and dissertation type stuff coming out of my ears!!

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!

wine

rhondajean Sat 13-Oct-12 14:37:14

If you are a bit tight for money this year, why don't you buy your DDs things they need anyway with the rest of the money? As long as they have what they asked for, I wouldn't buy more toys - they learn quickly about consumerism as it is and enjoy it while there isn't a lot they want! What about shoes/coats/pants/etc? At that age tearing the parcel open is the most exciting part. But I'd maybe get them a DVD to watch too.

For 8 and 7 year old foster kids, I'd recommend moshi monsters. They do a where's Moshi game for £10 which is a version of guess who and its fab but it would be hard to go wrong with anything really.

11 year old girl would probably love a Claire's accessories voucher.

God luck with the studying!

EricNorthmansFangBanger Sat 13-Oct-12 14:52:47

Thanks rhonda smile

I think that's a really good idea. I don't think DD1 is lacking in clothes/coats but may need some more shoes. About to go through both DD's clothes and toys next weekend so will be able to see what they have a lot better. Have had requests of what to get them both for christmas off other family members so if there are some other toys or things they'd like then we can always let family buy those if we end up buying clothes etc.

UserNameNotAvailable Sat 13-Oct-12 17:07:06

Hampers:
hot choc, marshmallows, squirty cream, christmas mug.
Pj's
slippers
dvd
chocolate coins/sweets
craft activity/jigsaw

Your dd1, : barbie and/or accessories, squinkies (I got a barbie squinkie house in b&m for £7.99 and a set of squinkies for £3.99) hello kitty playsets, dress up out fits, sylvanian families, my little pony playsets, playhouse, lego friends, soft toys, arts and crafts

Your dd2: mego blocks, happyland, little people, aqua doodle, pull along toys, musical tv, dolls, bath toys,

11yo and 8yo : hair accessories, voucher, books, cd, hair brush set, top, pj's, arts and crafts.

7yo: lego, cars, wrestling figures, moshi monsters, football - or what about this

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9077728/Trail/searchtext%3ESPOT+KICK+SET.htm

UserNameNotAvailable Sat 13-Oct-12 17:07:33

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9077728/Trail/searchtext%3ESPOT+KICK+SET.htm

EricNorthmansFangBanger Sat 13-Oct-12 17:34:02

UserName - thank you, thank you, thank you! wine

I know my DD's would love all of that type of stuff. Whenever I try and think of what to buy my mind just goes blank! Didn't know about the Barbie squinkies, DD1 quite likes Barbie so they would be perfect. Thank you again!

rhondajean Sat 13-Oct-12 17:54:35

This is a nice winey gift, I'd love it...

www.johnlewis.com/231600801/Product.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now