Talk

Advanced search

presents for grown ups!

(7 Posts)
unfitmummy Fri 12-Oct-12 20:31:40

so i have to get organised as i live abroad and have to send the presents home to the uk. any good ideas for brothers and their wives (in their 30's) parents, aunts and uncles? i am stumped completely!! help!!

dementedma Fri 12-Oct-12 20:40:51

Vouchers
Delivery of wine
Hotel chocolat
Spa day
Hamper oF naive food
Skye candles are FAB

dementedma Fri 12-Oct-12 20:41:08

Naice food.

CleanHankie Fri 12-Oct-12 22:34:16

Magazine subscriptions.

AlohaMama Sat 13-Oct-12 06:00:41

Is it just the time issue of sending things to the UK, or the weight issue too? Here, in Hawaii, you can easily end up spending more on postage than the gift itself. So, I mostly do online shopping through UK shops. If they don't do gift wrapping then I ask some nice person in my family to wrap them for me!

Some favourites..
Online orders of hampers that are delivered direct (John Lewis, Waitrose, etc.) Inverawe smokehouse has a good variety of hampers/boxes of different prices, with smoked salmon, cheeses etc. They deliver the hampers on ice so they keep well if someone is not in to receive it.
Custom-calendars with pics of our family. A bit cheese but family like it cos they miss us (well miss ds really)
Theatre vouchers - think you can get them not for a particular play/show
Experience days - in-laws loved the Hawk Conservancy day we got them a few years back.

ok run out of ideas for now...

ben5 Sat 13-Oct-12 06:15:06

we don't bother with sending anything to family( we're in oz). mainly because of the postage and package. they dont send us anything either. we just say to them to spend x amount on themselves and we will do the same.
dont enevy you living in Hawaii. we went on holidays there end of August and although very cheap, theres so many people there!!

unfitmummy Sun 14-Oct-12 03:18:13

Thanks for the replies.

Ben5 I would be more than happy to not do gift s for adults altogether but the rest of the family don't agree. However, we do keep the cost down to under 20 quid per person.

Off to research some of these ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now