Talk

Advanced search

Will dd still like Peppa pig and charlie and lola at Christmas?

(18 Posts)
wildpoppy Fri 12-Oct-12 18:11:47

Am putting together ideas for GPs for (Dec) bday and Christmas for dd who is nearly 2.

At the moment she loves Peppa pig and has since summer and she's also been into Charlie and Lola for a couple of months.

How long is this likely to last? She used to love In the night garden but it scares her now and she won't have it on at all.

NervousAt20 Fri 12-Oct-12 18:12:51

I have alot of little cousins and they have loved peppa pig all year round so for them it's deffinatly a safe bet for a present smile

olibeansmummy Fri 12-Oct-12 18:17:37

Probably til she's about 4 I'd say smile

BillyBollyBandy Fri 12-Oct-12 18:18:51

Peppa Pig has been on permanently in our house for 2 years

<sob>

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Fri 12-Oct-12 18:21:21

DD still a fan and she will be 6 in spring <shoots self>

CherryMonster Fri 12-Oct-12 18:27:59

my girls have not long grown out of it, maybe 18 months ago, and they will be 8 and 7 in march.

DS1 has watched Peppa pig from 18 months old he is 6 and still watches it, DS2 loves it and is obsessed with that and Ben and Holly!

xMinerva Fri 12-Oct-12 18:58:37

Ds1 had a peppa pig cake for his 3rd birthday in April. He still likes peppa pig now.

I say they'd grow out of it between 4-6/7 depending on the child.

You have plenty of time which is just about the worst thing ever blush

wildpoppy Fri 12-Oct-12 19:28:54

Thanks all. Peppa DVDs it is...

What about Charlie and Lola - staying power?

mrsXsweet Fri 12-Oct-12 20:36:14

I hope so as I have just got my dd the mini rucksack of Charlie and Lola books from the book people as her table present!

I thought my dd was growing out of peppa in the summer (she was 2.5 and had been watching it for 6 months) as she started watching Ben and Holly but she still loves it!

HaveToWearHeels Fri 12-Oct-12 20:40:12

I think that is a safe bet, DD is just turned three and only in the last week or so have we not had Peppa on loop. She now loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Still likes Pepps but not constantly.

mum23girlys Fri 12-Oct-12 20:43:19

I would think she will. My dd3 will be 2 next month and loves Peppa. Hopefully she will for a good while yet as dh currently upstairs decorating her room a la Peppa!

If it helps my other dds still watch Peppa and they are 6. Obviously they pretend not to and would be horrified if I bought them a peppa tshirt but as long as noone is looking they will happily play with dd3's toys grin

familyfun Fri 12-Oct-12 20:43:40

dd1 grew out of peppa at about 4 but still loves charlie and lola at 5.3, she has the dvd collection, swim bag and umbrella and all the kids at school love them.

ProbablyJustGas Fri 12-Oct-12 20:46:12

DSD doesn't watch Peppa anymore, but at 6.5 she still loves her Peppa Pig bedspread and Peppa PJs. She likes to use her Peppa plasters when she has a cut. Her favorite color is pink. Peppa will probably last your DD for awhile.

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Fri 12-Oct-12 23:43:54

DD is the same age and not into Peppa but I am v confident her live of Big and Small and Mr Tumble will last well beyond Xmas.

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Fri 12-Oct-12 23:44:10

Live? Love.

Stupid phone!

AuntieShirley Sat 13-Oct-12 10:36:47

I think Charlie and Lola has a broader appeal in terms of the age of the kids that enjoy it. Especially the books.
Mine stopped watching Peppa Pig at about 3, but the little Peppa Pig characters still get played with in amongst the Playmobil and Sylvanians (and dd is 7, ds is 5). I think little figures always last well as they can be used for other types of play even when they have outgrown the programme.

DesperatelySeekingSedatives Sat 13-Oct-12 11:00:49

DD was 5 last month and still loves both. I can stomach charlie and lola no problem but peppa is know as "that odious little pork scratching" in this house grin

I think your 2 year old will still love both at christmas! (you wont though!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now