Talk

Advanced search

So where do you buy Christmas fabric?

(6 Posts)
caffeinated Fri 12-Oct-12 14:22:56

An wanting to make the children matching(ish) Christmas stockings this year. I bought expensive ones for our first 2 and struggled to find anything to match for subsequent dc. Looking for seasonal fabric which ideally would have modern prints.

FredWorms Fri 12-Oct-12 14:33:02

I've always found a good selection just by trawling Ebay smile

Zwitterion Fri 12-Oct-12 14:52:25

Moda's Christmas charm packs are great for this. I've just made 2 stockings from 1 pack - it was their new one (can't remember the name sorry) and cost £10.

I split the pack into reds and greens, made 2 patchwork 'quilts', and cut the stocking shapes from this. They co-ordinate, but are not the same, and saves buying lots of different fabrics.

Fabric Rehab online do lovely, vintage and Scandi prints. Country Threads Patchwork (based in Bath) has a good online store, this is where I get most of my fabric from.

caffeinated Fri 12-Oct-12 16:34:42

Zwitterion I had just been wanting the moda joy fabrics so thanks for the tip that a charm pack will make 2 because i was wondering about quantities.

Zwitterion Fri 12-Oct-12 16:56:10

Only the fronts though - to clarify. I just used a cheap cord for the backs and cuffs, and a poly cotton for the lining.

caffeinated Fri 12-Oct-12 17:19:14

I was just gonna do the fronts anyhow. Hadn't thought of cord for the back. Fab idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now