Talk

Advanced search

Oh please Mars, Haribo, supermarkets etc...

(14 Posts)
OddBoots Thu 11-Oct-12 20:49:08

... please can you start making an advent calendar with something other than chocolate in. Starbursts would be easy to do and I am sure other companies could do the like. I know I could use one of the fabric ones, and I do but it would be lovely to get a 'normal' one.

I can't be the only one, can I?

dementedma Thu 11-Oct-12 20:50:45

I refuse to buy an advent calendar with any kind of sweets in. End of.
<tradionalist emoticon>

BitOfACyclePath Fri 12-Oct-12 12:09:33

Totally agree with you. Haribo ones would be fab grin

I'm the same with selection boxes but I spotted a chewits selection box this year in Asda so I've bought those.

milk Fri 12-Oct-12 12:41:35

Domino rally calendar so on Christmas day you can flick a whole row of dominos down grin

JazzyTheSnowman Fri 12-Oct-12 13:10:58

I've just seriously splashed out and bought DS a wooden advent calendar for £30 off eBay.

It's a gorgeous wood train set and it's just so beautiful I couldn't resist - seen worse ones for twice the price too! We just got given a huge box of Lego from relatives whose children are too old to play with it anymore, so I'm going to put a little Lego character in each drawer.

Fabric ones I find are really really flimsy and they break more often than not, but something I'd love to see is a Mini Cheddar advent calander!

FuckityFuckFuck Fri 12-Oct-12 13:12:39

The 'normal' ones are crap. The chocolate in them is horrible.

I bought a wooden train from The Range last year so I can put what I like in it smile

Waitingforastartofall Fri 12-Oct-12 14:35:34

ive just bought a playmobil one for this reason, ds doesnt like the chocolate in most advents and cant find anything to suit in my tiny town.

OddBoots Fri 12-Oct-12 16:18:20

This is for my 30something brother who can't eat chocolate. Not too sure he'd want Lego etc. I agree that mini cheddars would be fab! I'd not thought of a savoury option but that would work too.

TennisFan42 Sat 13-Oct-12 12:30:06

I mentioned this to DH who works for Mars and he suggested calling their customer feedback dep on 0845 045 0042 and suggest it - he thought it was a good idea!

HazeltheMcWitch Sat 13-Oct-12 12:35:28

I've seen one with cat treats.
<helpful>

Imnotaslimjim Sat 13-Oct-12 12:39:57

You can get Haribo advent calanders but I can only seethemfor sale in Germany, maybe giving them a call and suggesting they're sold here isn't such a bad idea!

EddieIzzardIsOrange Sat 13-Oct-12 12:55:26

Lokks like you can get the Haribo one on Amazon

BiscuitNibbler Sat 13-Oct-12 23:35:06

Years and years ago (early 90s) I got a Jelly Baby one. It was fantastic. I have looked every year since and never seen another one.

I got all excited in M&S today as they had a Percy Pig advent calendar. However when I looked at it properly it was chocolate in the shape of Percy Pigs. WTF?? Why do that? A real Percy Pig advent calendar would have been fabulous.

Magna Sat 13-Oct-12 23:37:30

Last year the local garden centre did marzipan advent calendars. One for the adults it was all mine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now