Talk

Advanced search

how can the elves leave the christmas hamper

(13 Posts)
Waitingforastartofall Thu 11-Oct-12 17:27:15

On the doorstep without us going out? Original plan was to tale dog out do nip back for his coat ect and leave the hamper out on doorstep, but w. Dont live in a nice area so it could go walkabout... Hmm anyone help me hold onto some magic

kellestar Thu 11-Oct-12 17:41:28

Could the elves have snuck in the back/front door [flour and glitter footprints left behind] while you depart through the one that isn't set up!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 11-Oct-12 18:13:55

I only just started the 'proper hamper' a couple of years back. Before then it was just new PJs (how these things snowball) grin

Last year I ushered the DS (13 this year) and DD (10) out of the front door with DH then dived back in to make sure the back door was locked.
I put their hampers by the fireplace for them when they got back from the park.

You could try green food colouring in the toilet (Elf Pee) and throw some empty sweet wrappers on the floor (naughty,messy little elves)

Good Luck, whatever you do the DC remember the magic wink

gregssausageroll Thu 11-Oct-12 18:27:51

I get the neighbour to ring the bell and leg it. They leave the box on the step and ds answers.

ditavonteesed Thu 11-Oct-12 18:29:54

ours leaves it in the lounge while the dc are in the bath.

sunnyday123 Thu 11-Oct-12 18:57:47

Ours leave in front of fireplace whilst we are out Xmas eve- Santa is magic so he must make it into the house!!

Waitingforastartofall Thu 11-Oct-12 20:47:38

Ah these are some good ideas, i dont think itd be wise to leave it on the front but im sure that the monsters could disappear upstairs with me for abit while dp busies himself with elf feet and green pee ( thats genius) haha. I dont have a fireplace sad but i do have a front of house porch type thing that could be snuck into by pesky elves.

McPhee Thu 11-Oct-12 20:50:09

I've never heard of this before

<sheltered childhood>

GirlYouMakeMeTongueTied Thu 11-Oct-12 20:58:08

The elves leave it upstairs in our house, when we go to put the bath on.

Waitingforastartofall Thu 11-Oct-12 22:51:06

neither had i till mn mcphee, hopefully going to do an understated hamper nicking a dvd out of christmas collection with some treats,bed socks n such. my dad would have been horrified pressies on christmas eve,

Sirzy Thu 11-Oct-12 22:53:33

They leave things in the lounge here while we are at the christingle service. Someone forgets a coat or something so nips in while we get in the car!

2kidsintow Thu 11-Oct-12 23:53:07

Well, in my house it goes a bit like this.
They eat tea and play for the evening.
They are bundled into the bath and scrubbed clean ready for Christmas morning.
They then come down to a gift bag that is on the dining room table.
They open and have fun getting into their new pj, watching the Christmassy DVD that is in there and eating a Christmassy biscuit for supper before bed.

No elves here. For me, that's a step too far.
But the little gifts make for a quiet evening.

Onadietcolabreak Fri 12-Oct-12 13:33:01

Not done it before, but this year I'm going to take DCs out for dinner and bring them home to find our Elf with the hamper with a thank you for having me, goodbye letter next to the fire place. I'm hoping to have the hamper on stand by, then run back in to grab key/purse or phone whilst they wait out side.
Love the elf pee and foot prints ideas grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now