Talk

Advanced search

Pajamas on Christmas Eve for adults... what to go with them?

(6 Posts)
CharminglyOdd Thu 11-Oct-12 09:55:56

My family are coming to stay (DM, DF, DSis) at our new house. DM and DSis have already been very scathing about my excitement. There won't be any children, apart from our friends who will pop around at some point, but I'd love to do the Christmas pajamas thing. I'm also going to do stockings.

Fortunately DP is from a country where they celebrate on the 24th so I can dress up a pajama present as something to celebrate his culture. I was thinking that for DSis and DM it could be pajamas and a Christmas bath bomb/bubble bath as it'll be my bath that gets used and I don't mind cleaning sparkly crap out of the plug (bath bombs are banned in my parents' house).

For Dad and DP though I don't have a clue. Pajamas are easy but I don't know what to add as the little something extra. Dad is very traditional, very awkward to buy for and eats the plainest diet imaginable... maybe I could add some homemade sugared almonds but that doesn't go with the bedtime theme. He will have a copy of Private Eye in his stocking but I can't think of another magazine that he would like - can anyone thing of something?

DP likes expensive things and gadgets. Nothing that really screams 'Christmas Eve pajamas'. I will get him a techy magazine for his stocking but he doesn't have a shower before he sleeps so soap is out. Maybe a Christmas DVD we could watch together? I should add, anything above the £5 limit is above my budget for this particular present of his!

Any ideas welcome smile

SkiLift Thu 11-Oct-12 09:58:08

pyjamas for adults. Not sure it would go down so well tbh.
pj's are a matter of personal taste whether they want to wear them, and a great many men in particular don't.

CharminglyOdd Thu 11-Oct-12 10:02:40

Well, by pajamas I mean whatever they would wear instead of pajamas... DSis and I are the only ones who actually wear pajamas. Just didn't feel like spelling out my entire family's sleepwear preferences on the Internet grin

Whatever happens we will open something on the 24th (because of DP) so I thought it would be nice to have something themed.

ChestyNutterStaringInTheWindow Thu 11-Oct-12 10:07:22

They've been scathing about your excitement sad

I did this last year for DM and DB they both got festive PJs, hot chocolate, marshmallows, a bath bomb, a chocolate polar bear and a DVD for us too watch as a Christmas eve hamper.....they loved it smile

musicalendorphins Fri 12-Oct-12 05:13:47

Socks, a bean bag neck/shoulder pillow (that you heat in microwave) or hot water bottle.

Doodlekitty Fri 12-Oct-12 05:45:39

A mini whiskey or similar to make a hot toddy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now