Talk

Advanced search

Is this a nice idea or slightly mean?

(6 Posts)
SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Thu 11-Oct-12 09:32:13

My dd is 7 and has no idea what she wants for Christmas. There's also nothing she needs or plays with a lot, and just to make it more fun its Christmas on a budget this year.

I was thinking about taking her to build a bear on Christmas eve for her main present from me. Craft toys for under the tree and Santa then panto tickets for the 27th but it will mean there's only about half a dozen presents to open Christmas day

CharminglyOdd Thu 11-Oct-12 09:35:15

That's a lovely idea, especially as they are absorbing toys that take up time so she won't notice the number of presents. Maybe you could turn the panto tickets into something to unwrap - print them off with pictures of the characters and stick them in a decorated envelope?

hhhhhhh Thu 11-Oct-12 09:41:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

everydayaschoolday Thu 11-Oct-12 09:44:53

We've got panto tickets too, so am blatantly going to steal decorated envelope idea - thanks! We have about half dozen toys too plus small stocking. I just pad out with other stuff I'd have bought anyway such as slippers, pjs, character pants, socks and vests etc. I don't think you're being mean at all.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 11-Oct-12 09:45:40

'only half a dozen presents to open'

How many wrapped up presents did we get when we were kids? That sounds plenty. I'd have a book or two not just crafts - and a stocking with odds and ends which can include practical items like socks as well as the usual ephemera.

SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Thu 11-Oct-12 10:12:35

I used to get a small mountain *Grimma
* which is why I feel guilty

Great idea about decorating the envelope Charmingly

I've recently spent £60 on books so there's none she needs or wants. I always do a Christmas eve hamper with new pj's and DVD ect and a stocking full of bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now