Talk

Advanced search

List of RELIABLE online retailers please!

(20 Posts)
madda Wed 10-Oct-12 15:15:25

after a disappointing experience this week with M&S online delivering late, disappointing stock, order changed due to low stock, my having to return over half the items I ordered

....I want to know which retailers actually deliver in a timely fashion

I dont want to find out the hard way again, as I am planning to order online this year, I hate crowds and the shops, so online is usually best for me

I just though M&S could be relied on, for decent service and stock, not so

Any suggestions? Amazon is the only one I love so far

4forkssake Wed 10-Oct-12 15:58:45

Always had good service from the book people (only any good for good value books though grin).

John Lewis have always been good.

Surprised to hear M&S weren't up to scratch.

bulletwithspookybatwings Wed 10-Oct-12 16:15:15

Molton Brown have been fantastic.

fuzzysnout Wed 10-Oct-12 16:24:41

ELC
Temptation gifts

Both very good. Well packaged & delivered as promised.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Wed 10-Oct-12 16:26:32

Have found Very, very good.

bulletwithspookybatwings Wed 10-Oct-12 16:26:44

Oh yes, ELC too.

olibeansmummy Wed 10-Oct-12 18:01:16

NOT play.com!

EasyFromNowOn Wed 10-Oct-12 18:10:22

Smyths Toys are very good, Debenhams are ok. Disney Store have always been reliable.

Gap use Yodel for deliveries, so things can go wrong, but Gap's customer service are really helpful when it does.

I don't know what M&S were thinking, they bought in Amazon's ordering system and then took out all the good bits, like real time stock information, which accounts for not getting all the stuff you ordered. They are particularly bad during sale periods.

notactuallyme Wed 10-Oct-12 18:14:06

just received some fantastic pre filled stockings from partytoo.com - rang them, really nice, reasonable, and lovely things when they arrived.

pictish Wed 10-Oct-12 18:19:29

I would've said Next until this last week. I have been waiting for two pairs of boots for over a week now. They should've arrived the next day.
Problem with the warehouse I've been told. Still waiting.

D0oinMeCleanin Wed 10-Oct-12 18:21:26

I've been having the same issue with Next, pictish. I am still waiting for some mittens that I ordered two weeks ago. My coat told me it would arrive last Friday and only came yesterday and it needs to go back so I am still stuck with no coat for another week.

madda Wed 10-Oct-12 18:23:32

I was told mine was a 'technical error' with M&S

thing is, the products look nothing like how they appear in the photos! Much worse in RL. Now I have to go to post office and send them back. What a carry on.

pictish Wed 10-Oct-12 18:23:40

I have been reliably informed that the boots will probably arrive sometime in the next week.
Or something.

Fuck off Next.

CouthyMowWearingOrange Wed 10-Oct-12 18:26:20

PrezzyBox had EXCELLENT customer service when I ordered from them in March - they sent the wrong item. I rang them up, they sent me a freepost return envelope, but told me it would take 6 days to send the correct item. When I explained that DD's birthday was in 3 days, they made sure the item was with me in plenty of time.

I would recommend them to everyone for their customer service that goes above and beyond.

BikeRunSki Wed 10-Oct-12 18:31:55

John Lewis
Sainsburys
Jojomamanbebe

BikeRunSki Wed 10-Oct-12 18:33:44

H&M have been v good, but mostly v late and unreliable.

Ellefabulosa Wed 10-Oct-12 18:34:08

I have found Debenhams the worst possible. Regularly sent wrong items and then asked me to mail them back.

Good - John Lewis, Amazon, Boots

Slainte Wed 10-Oct-12 19:14:53

Recommend John Lewis too.

everydayaschoolday Wed 10-Oct-12 21:06:53

Red House for discounted children's books are brilliant. Delivery within 3 working days of order IME (3 years with them now), well packaged, always accurate.

https://www.redhouse.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_home_tbp?storeId=10151&catalogId=18201&langId=100

Onadietcolabreak Wed 10-Oct-12 21:50:51

I have been amazed by Smyths, emailed me with the hour it would be delivered! Amazon is a fave if mine too.
I ordered a few Xmas decoration from Littlewoods and they arrived two days early grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now