Talk

Advanced search

To be or not to be? The Sainsburys Christmas (in October) toy sale 2012??

(11 Posts)
SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Tue 09-Oct-12 22:54:31

Word elsewhere on MN suggests that it may not happen this year. My local source says that they have heard nothing yet and would normally know by now. She thinks that it might be sprung upon us this year if it is to happen at all as there were fights here last year blush. The Sainsburys toy sale has saved me 100s of £££ in the last couple of years so I'd be very grateful if any of you lovely MN hear any news if you could post it here and let us know. Or start a big thread with a title in bold so you can shout it from the rooftops. Or PM me or something.... - please!! It has previously begun on the Thursday in October half term.

gleemama Tue 16-Oct-12 10:23:27

Anyone know anything about it ?

crazygracieuk Tue 16-Oct-12 10:37:07

I would post on moneysavingexpert or hotukdeals for any rumours.
I have heard elsewhere that it wasn't going to happen in October but it would happen in January instead.

gleemama Tue 16-Oct-12 10:51:34

That's a bit rubbish then. Thanks.

Ginmakesmecry Tue 16-Oct-12 13:04:15

My friend asked in store the other day and the staff member said that there is going to be one in October but they haven't been told the date

oldraver Tue 16-Oct-12 13:43:49

The staff are always cagey about this even when they have all been called in for overtime the day before and are busily making way for all the extra stock. Last year one did whisper "yes look all the pallets are through there" you could see the pallets everytime the doors swung open grin

I dont know why they go through this big secrecy thing

katystar Tue 16-Oct-12 17:08:00

I have it on good authority that it starts on Wednesday at 7am!

katystar Tue 16-Oct-12 17:10:44

As in a week on Wednesday not tomorrow!

hophophippidtyhop Tue 16-Oct-12 19:43:30

my sister works in sainsburys- she asked and was told yes, but only select items instead of everything and in half term

OhTheConfusion Tue 16-Oct-12 19:46:10

Will it be the same date nationwide? Im in Scotland and it our half term this week.

getoffthecoffeetable Tue 16-Oct-12 19:54:39

Not sure if this is totally unhelpful but Tesco have their toy sale now. Haven't heard about a Sainsburys one though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now