Talk

Advanced search

Just finished all my christmas shopping apart from DP and DCs!

(18 Posts)
iloveholidays Tue 09-Oct-12 20:44:53

Yay - can't believe how organised I am this year!! DD3 is due in 4 weeks so probably a good thing really.

Sorry - just wanted to shout it out smile

Just need to finish DPs and DCs now.

fuzzpig Wed 10-Oct-12 17:40:39

Excellent! I've gone a bit mad the last couple of weeks to the point where I can't remember exactly what I've bought. I promised myself I wouldn't do that this year but oh well. This year I have made a decision to mostly go for crafty stuff though, so it will get used over the holidays... That's my excuse anyway!

takeonboard Wed 10-Oct-12 17:44:04

What?!! Christmas shopping finshed?

<faints>

brightermornings Wed 10-Oct-12 17:46:19

I'm usually done for end of November. It's the wrapping I struggle with.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Wed 10-Oct-12 17:57:54

I'm done for gifts that need to be sent abroad. Will send them out next week so they get there on time. I don't know why I bother though really, they're never acknowledged <bitter emoticon>

DS's present will arrive tomorrow. DN's present is bought but not wrapped.

fuzzpig Wed 10-Oct-12 17:59:35

I quite enjoy wrapping! I'm making more of an effort this year with nicer paper.

I've not been quite so ahead before - but I've had 3 weeks off while DH had surgery, so we agreed to try and get some of it done while we could, as we had no idea if the operation would be successful (it seems it was smile) and we didn't want to leave it too late.

Now we just need to have a HUGE declutter because our house is a tip and we have far too much Stuff.

iloveholidays Wed 10-Oct-12 18:54:27

I've not started wrapping yet.

I've done all my family, but need to do a tally up of DDs and get a few more bits for DP. Trust me, I'm usually the one out on Christmas eve doing last minute rush but with DD3 due in 4 weeks I thought I better get organised!

BikeRunSki Wed 10-Oct-12 18:58:34

Oh God. I have three birthdays to deal with before Christmas, then my mum's 70th in early January. Christmas seems like a very long way away.....

TheMightyRubester Wed 10-Oct-12 19:01:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

picnicbasketcase Wed 10-Oct-12 19:03:39

I'm nowhere near finished but have done a bit for immediate family so far, and wrapped it all. I can't stand the idea of having to sit up til 3am on Christmas Eve wrapping everything like some loons I'm related to I know. I have to do it as I buy it.

iloveholidays Wed 10-Oct-12 19:04:49

Think I'll be too busy with a newborn to be doing much else!

Taffeta Wed 10-Oct-12 19:07:06

My present box is filling up gradually. I have no idea who any of it is for and how much more I need to get.

<sigh>

BikeRunSki Wed 10-Oct-12 19:48:13

Best kind of Christmas present there iloveholidays.

HappyMummyOfOne Wed 10-Oct-12 19:58:03

Nearly done too but shop all year as and when i find things people will like. Less stressful and i can enjoy wrapping at leisure.

iloveholidays Wed 10-Oct-12 20:24:51

Thanks BikeRunSki - that's what I was thinking, hence why I don't want to spend my time shopping once she's here... I'll be too busy feeding and cuddling smile (well and looking after DD 1&2)

DoubleMum Wed 10-Oct-12 20:28:12

I have done all the shopping I think, but am doing hampers for adults so have quite a bit of making still to do. Probably have half done already though (jam, chutney, toffee vodka, onion marmalade). This week I will make marmalade and christmas cakes. Next week I will sort out my nephews' pressies to be wrapped and taken back with my parents when they come up at half term.

iloveholidays Wed 10-Oct-12 20:35:28

Wow DoubleMum - that is impressive!! I'm not brave enough to attempt cooking smile

I need to pull out all the random stuff I've bought for my girls and work out if I have enough to fill stocking (i.e. enough small stuff smile)

DoubleMum Wed 10-Oct-12 20:41:15

I did them last year when we were skint and they went down really well - plus am even more skint this year LOL! I can do food but I can't knit or sew or crochet or make fantastic paper creations - wish I could do all that great stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now