Talk

Advanced search

What are this years popular presents for kids? 5yo girl, 6yo boy?

(8 Posts)
purplehouse Tue 09-Oct-12 13:05:08

I don't want to be faced with a frantic search for a v popular toy like last year (the leap pad! Although they do still adore the thing, it was a bugger to get hold of!)

Any suggestions for 5yo girl and 6 yo boy?

iloveblue Tue 09-Oct-12 15:09:01

From what I can gather it seems the new Furby is going to be the must-have toy for Christmas this year - don't know much about it other than that.

cakeaddict Thu 11-Oct-12 17:26:22

Sorry, not answering your question but can I ask what you thought of the Leappad? Considering it for my 5yo boy and trying to work out if it's worth it / how much he'd play with it...

sunnyday123 Thu 11-Oct-12 17:34:01

For girls check out design a friend in Argos! Both my dds aged 5&7 have got these and they are fab! You can buy all the little outfits etc to go with them just like build a bear. I've just bought them matching school uniform outfits from eBay in their school colours!

purplehouse Thu 11-Oct-12 17:38:18

Re the leap pad, I would honestly say that my dd likes it much more than my ds. However, both do like it. The main downsides of leap pad are the price of the apps. No paying 69p like apple apps, try £20 instead - that's for something you download via pc. Other downside is battery consumption. So basically it's a good toy but the initial outlay could easily be more than doubled by apps and batteries.

Thanks for suggestions will check out

cakeaddict Thu 11-Oct-12 17:42:48

Thanks. Yes, it was the price of the stuff to put on it that was concerning me.

purplehouse Thu 11-Oct-12 17:52:19

The thing is with that is that already loaded on it is SNEAK PEEKS so your child knows what they might be able to have and then asks for it! Thought that was a bit much really.

MrsJohnDeere Thu 11-Oct-12 17:55:31

Girls are outside my experience, but my 6yo ds would like (but is not necessarily going to get) Skylanders starter kit and some figures, table football, and Star Wars Lego, Playmobil (knights or Top Agents), games for a Nintendo DS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now