Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone buying a children's tablet for a young toddler?

(6 Posts)
MainlyMaynie Mon 08-Oct-12 21:54:56

15 month old DS loves the iPad and we're thinking of getting him a children's tablet for Christmas. Maybe the Leappad 2 or the Arnova Childpad. Has anyone bought/will buy one for such a young toddler? Do they get much out of them?

littlecupcake Mon 08-Oct-12 23:03:40

The same thought has crossed my mind for 2.5yr old DD. watching with interest!

PeppermintLatte Tue 09-Oct-12 23:38:35

i am also watching with interest, DD has just turned 3.

fraktion Tue 09-Oct-12 23:55:25

DS has 'acquired' DHs old one at 18 months and loves some of the apps. For acquired read DH wanted a new one. I'm not sure whether we would have bought one or whether it would have been kid specific.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Wed 10-Oct-12 08:14:40

I bought my dd a leappad for her third birthday and she loves it. She only has the free apps so far and loves to draw on it and also has a little pet she can wash, feed and play games with. She got it last month and can easily use it now so I'm going to get her a few proper games for christmas.

My youngest has just turned 1 and is always trying to get her hands on it, if I could get apps that were just songs / stories my 1 year old would happily sit and watch it too.

CarpeJugulum Wed 10-Oct-12 08:18:41

DH bought a Google Nexus for us going away on holiday.

DS (2) uses it more than I do hmm

He watches DVD's on it, and we have downloaded a few games (match the pictures, find the shape etc) as well. He is better at using it than I am!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now